Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Argh!!!!!!!!! Keep getting code 43 & 44

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 73K5Kid, Mar 24, 2007.

1. 73K5Kid

73K5Kid 1/2 ton status

My 89 was running good and then all of a sudden it started acting up with no warning. I swapped in the new 14 bolt and took it to get some new tint. When the guy at the tint place goes and fires up the blazer it started to sound like it was starving for fuel. Code 43 is knock sensor and 44 is o2 sensor which I replaced both. What else could be causing this. What next :confused: :mad: Thanks

2. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I thought i posted in a different thread of yours. Unplug and clean the ESC wiring. It is on the passenger side of the TBI. Mine did the same thing and i just ended up with a dirty connection and after i cleaned the connection it was fixed.

3. 73K5Kid

73K5Kid 1/2 ton status

4x4HIGH this is the first time posting about this problem. Can you give me a little more detail. There is a few things I can unplug on the passenger side. :D

4. 4X4HIGH

Sorry, must have been someone else that also posted of a similiar problem that i replied to. Anyway, there is a black square elcetrical box on the passenger side of the TBI with a IIRC 4 wire plug. That is the ESC (electronic spark control) box. If the connection is bad or if the unit is bad the ECM cannot retard the timing and the engine will ping.

5. 73K5Kid

73K5Kid 1/2 ton status

Ok unplugged it and cleaned it up. Still doing the same thing. I also checked for vaccum leaks. I see a tps sensor could that be it? I replaced the sparkplug wires. Should I replace cap and rotor and new wires? I just hate buying stuff that I don't need. Right now I guess it could be anything from exhaust leak to bad cat. This really sucks! :doah: I am not getting a check engine light anymore. Although I am still getting the code 43 and 44. Thanks for the help 4x4HIGH any other suggestions.

6. 4X4HIGH

It certainly wouldn't hurt to start with a good tune-up. Probably needs one anyways. Don't forget the fuel filter.

7. 73K5Kid

73K5Kid 1/2 ton status

Did the fuel filter. The guy I bought it off of said he did a tune up not to long ago. Wires and cap rotor look new same with wires. He also installed a new gas tank and electric fuel pump. Gonna do tune up anyways.