Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

argh kinda looking for a 700/241 and an opinion

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region' started by TorkDSR, Jun 16, 2004.

1. TorkDSR

TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

hey, im looking for a 700/241

last time out i split my tranny at the tailshaft flange... its pretty f'ed

so, i've been milling over ideas, and i dont think i need the beef of the 205 anymore, and the 241 would be cheaper than gears. so, im just gauging availibility and looking for ideas.

dont really wanna do the doubler, cause i dont think its worth it. for my style or application

lemme know, ideas or prices.
    later

2. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Your truck does not see the street so I would think you will be fine with a 700/241 combo. I sent you a couple reply pm's so let me know. You will notice a big difference in low range with the 241 vs. the 205. I noticed a big difference when I went from a 700/241 to the 400/205 in my old Jimmy and that is why I chose the 241 for the Blazer. Jimmy88 runs a 241 and it is holding up well.

3. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

You'll be amazed at what little effort it takes to move them big boy tires of yours with double lo gears.
    Instead of gassing it through the big boulders and bumping into and breaking [darn], you could finesse your way through....like me! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    I'll show you how it's done again on the 27th.. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

4. Boss

I forgot to note that the 241 held up fine for me with some medium abuse. My R4 held up good too.
    But with your crazy tactics, who knows /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

5. TorkDSR

TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

crazy tactics... i always thought i had a light foot.... /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

but yeah, the internals of my 700 are still pretty good. its just the thick aluminum case that the internals are wrapped in. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

hopefully ill have my stuff together for the 27th.

if not... you have a seat? i wanna see this "finesse" you're talking about /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

6. Boss

I might have a seat...I'm trying to talk my buddy into coming, but he's not into wheelin...
    If he doesn't come, then I will have a seat for you, so you can witness the man at work. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
    Boss

7. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    so you can witness the man(pete) at work. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
    Boss

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you both can watch me from Boss' rig as I make Rausch Creek my biatch! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif