Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ARGH! T-case gaskets

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Blazer_Boy, Jan 30, 2001.

1. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

(Yes I know this like the third post with in a week on this but here goes)
    Does anyone know if there is a gasket available for the case halves on the NP208? I can't seem to find any concrete evidence after searching for 45 minutes with google. I know there is a kit but all I've heard mentioned is seals. I don't really need the seals because the thing was overhauled before I bought and I've already changed the rear oil seal. Of course it still leaks at the rear but I've heard thats slight design flaw so why worry about what you can't control. The case halves are major concern now for leakage. If the gasket is a poor design too then I guess I should use a little bit of ol' blue goo RTV and see what happens. I'd prefer the gaskets but if there not going to solve the problem then who needs that.

June 2001 - The Texas Sawz All masacre begins. Be afraid rust, be very afraid. [​IMG]

2. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

I used RTV last time to seal up my 208 and so far so good, (that was about last June or July) and let me tell ya I'm pretty mean to it. When you take your 208 apart watch out for the magnet that things a booger. I broke mine in half and ended up not putting it back in.

<font color=blue>Professional <font color=red>JEEP EATER</font color=red> it's a population control thing.</font color=blue>[​IMG]

3. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

'preciate the help man! I was wondering what happened with the little magnet. Did you open the halves and it just fell out? I'm glad to know that 'cause losing a little thing like that would drive me nuts. I suppose I should clear a spot on the workbench for the fella. Do you think I could crack the halves open a little and put it on? I'm thinking about roughing up the aluminum on the edges slightly with some light sand paper because I've heard the edges are rather smooth and the gaskets don't want to grab. Does anyone know about the leaks everyone seems to have on the rear shaft also, is it just a design glitch?

June 2001 - The Texas Sawz All masacre begins. Be afraid rust, be very afraid. [​IMG]

4. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

Why dont you contact one of the drive train speciality shops like DTS etc.. They hae rebuild kits and should be able to order you a reseal kit or gasket.