Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

argument over political signs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Oct 10, 2004.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Got in an argument with a Democrat this morning over Kerry/Edwards signs. As soon as I arrived at work to open the store this morning I notice a guy puting signs along the road down across from the other gas station. Thought about whether my boss owned the land he was placing the signs on. Decided he didn't so I went to work opening the store. About 10 minutes later the guy passes the store, stops, and pulls out a few more signs. He walks across the road and begins to pick where he is gonna place these signs. Now this property IS my boss' land. And there are already Bush/Cheney signs 20 feet to his right. I step out of the store and yell over that hes wasting his time. He starts asking why. Simple its my boss' land and you don't have the right to put those there. He starts telling me that the land RIGHT next to the road is a "curb"(its just a field for god sakes) and that he can do it. He comes over and starts a 15 minute argument with me. First it was just me telling him that hes wrong, my boss owns that land and he simply can't put the signs there. I was being very nice, I could have let him do it and just pulled them out after he left. Whatever he started an argument with me about Kerry and everything. I was nice as I could be(I usually start cursing and tell people to leave when I get in arguments at work). He started telling me that he could go to the high school and find a bunch of kids voting for Kerry.... so am I suppossed to follow the group? I thought I am suppossed to be my own person??? THen he started in asking why the signs were across the street. Cause it would probably hurt business if they were on this side? Starts saying by boss doesn't have any balls. Mind you my boss rents the rest of the property to a shed/wood furniture store. My boss sure would be a good man with some big balls if he ruined their business wouldn't he? Our area is mostly Democratic so whatever. I asked him what he would do if I put a Bush/Cheney sign in his front yard? He just asked if the land across the street is my boss' front yard and wouldn't answer the question at hand(sounds like a democrat through and through).

2. backcountry

backcountry 1/2 ton status

Signs like this?

[​IMG]

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

yeah signs like that, I had to unignore you just to see what kind of comment you left me. Let me guess you support this guys right to trespass and place political signs on someone else private property??

4. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

ive seen a lot of that lately. ive got an "offroaders for bush" bumper sticker (and yea, i noticed BRB's sig AFTER i put the thing on, haha) on the back glass of my truck, and three days later i could see where someone had tried to peel it off. ive got a head full of obscenities for the fvckers for messing with my truck, much less the fact that they were trying to further a politcal goal. do you think that if we duct taped weapons in their hands that they would no longer be "non-combatants"? /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

what in the hell makes these morons think that were gonna "see that were wrong" if they tear our [censored] up?! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

ignorance is bliss for them, i suppose.... /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

it really must be. I touched on the offroader subject with the guy, he blew me off saying liberals have no plans to shut down such things and never have.

6. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

Pull em up, pile em up, lite em up, burn em up,sit back and smile knowing ya did the right thing! /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

7. backcountry

backcountry 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    yeah signs like that, I had to unignore you just to see what kind of comment you left me. Let me guess you support this guys right to trespass and place political signs on someone else private property??

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not support trespassing or entering private property; thank you! /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif

8. smprider112

smprider112 1/2 ton status

I'da ripped the sign outta the ground in front of him, and stabbed him with the wooden stake /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif