Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Arizona CK5 gang-March 17th weekend

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by FWP, Feb 16, 2001.

1. FWP

FWP CRS

Columbia, AZ St Patricks day weekend. Specifics to come soon.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by FWP on 02/27/01 06:03 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

2. bigdaddy89

bigdaddy89 1/2 ton status

Re: Arizona CK5 gang- What are we waitin for? Let\'s get something together.

I hope to have my flip kit and revolvers on by the end of this month, so I will be ready to put the blazer to the test. I would say sometime in March would work out good for me.

GOT ROCKS?

3. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Installing the rock bars on the 24th...fabing up a new upper rad support and doing some oil coolers mounted to the rock bars protected by the skids on the bars...and my TBI swap is getting closer every day...should be buying the harness from Howell this week...plus the 2 pulse sine wave generator..keep me posted as she will wheel good with or without TBI...:0). March is the last month i will be able to go out and play as weddings including my own loom closer..hehehe.

Azblazer

1979 K5
    1976 K5 Chalet
    1972 K10 Suburban

4. FWP

FWP CRS

[​IMG][​IMG]... ahh weddings.. [​IMG]. Cool on the TBI, carbs aren't the best on a 45 degree angle[​IMG]<font color=blue>"Hurry up-you're holdin up the trail"</font color=blue>

[​IMG]

5. FWP

FWP CRS

March it is. Gives everybody a chance to say when and where.... Opinions everyone???????

[​IMG]

6. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

I'm heading down to Rocky Point in March. Probly going to stay at Playa del Oro(?) Its a fenced campground with security.Gonna be a couple of blazers and other toys and the daytime temps are already in the 70's!

creepin' and crawlin'

Jim

7. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

March is good - Just need to know where to be and when

8. smp

smp 1/2 ton status

Hows the wheeling in AZ????
    I here it is pretty sweet. I am moving down to Phoenix in October and looking forward to meeting and wheeling with you guys.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://WWW.SMP.COLORADOK5.COM>http://WWW.SMP.COLORADOK5.COM</A>

9. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

Can't beat the wheeling here - everything from dunes to mud And as the Motel 6 guy says, we'll leave the light on for ya!

10. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

Depending on where you're from we could meet in Tucson, or Lukeville. Whatever. As far as I know we're staying at Playa Del Oro but I havent been to Rocky Point in 10 years or more. Its going to be the last weekend of March that were going and of course the invite is open to all.

creepin' and crawlin'

Jim

11. rezalb

rezalb 1/2 ton status

I missed the last Tempe / Blazer party.....A trail run would be great, but anybody got spare parts they want to get rid of or need? Bring the K5s and get to know AZ brothers????I just got Blazer fever about a year ago......How about another get together of rigs and parts?????Just asking????
    I personally have a 79 Sub I did an axle awap with, I would love to pull it on the car hauler with my K5 to a place and part it out on site?

rezalB

Built for a purpose.

12. clintsk5

clintsk5 1/2 ton status

Lets do'it!!!!...Been going to the Hualapai mountains outside Kingman here every weekend for the past month!!!!...New tires our in the works!!!..Just finished the extended shock towers and 33" shocks with 13" of travel up front!!!!!!...Well the posibility ..still working on the sway bar disconnect kit!!!!...Thers a run coming up in Lake Havasu , the end of next month put on by a 4x4 club there....Good trails....LAKE HAVASU!!!!!!!!!!!....Whatcha think????

13. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

Havasu sounds like a good one - Keep us posted!

[​IMG]

14. BigBurban

BigBurban 1/2 ton status

I'm in. If we head down to Puerto Penasco, I'll want to take the sand toys and probably won't be in the truck much. How about something really local? I think I'm selling the Burb, but the solid axle conversion and lockers will be under the 4Runner soon. Keep me posted.

<font color=red>~BigBurban</font color=red>
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.geocities.com/crash607>http://www.geocities.com/crash607</A>

15. FWP

FWP CRS

Well so far we have Mexico, Havasu, and "something really local"[​IMG]. Where's that Roger? Your profile doesn't say. RezalB- Maybe we should plan the swap meet/ get-together separate, maybe a 1 year anniversary from the last one. I'm leanin towards a Havasu trip myself. Tell us more Clint.

[​IMG]

16. rezalb

rezalb 1/2 ton status

Havasu is kinda far for my project right now, still gettin the bug thing worked out if ya know what I mean.....if you would let a Ford in, maybe I can get the wifes Expedition :)
    Havasu is always a great time.....
    Thanks for keeping me in mind.

rezalB

Built for a purpose.

17. bigdaddy89

bigdaddy89 1/2 ton status

I have heard about some fun trails around the Sedona area that the pink jeep tours go on. You can make them a little harder if you like, just pick your line. I haven't been up there yet, and I have been wanting to go for some time now. It would be a good half way point for the north guys and the ones here in the valley. If not there, then I am sure I could find another spot that all of us could do. I don't mind driving a bit, but these swampers start to shake my teeth out.

GOT ROCKS?

18. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

What about picking a local Lake...do a meet and greet/ barby-Q/ parts swap...that way we can all meet each other in one spot and shot the sh-t...with no time limits as the Tempe deal was a brief one...then we can all talk about a trail run together and work it out?

Azblazer

1979 K5
    1976 K5 Chalet
    1972 K10 Suburban

19. BigBurban

BigBurban 1/2 ton status

Sedona sounds good. FWP- Local for me is in the Phoenix area. I just meant that it's always easier to get a Saturday outing together when there's no 3-4 hour transit time. I don't really care. We could probably get a lot more folks to go if we picked someplace like BigDaddy said, where someone could even take a stock truck. I'd even know a few more guys that'd go if that's the case.

<font color=red>~BigBurban</font color=red>
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.geocities.com/crash607>http://www.geocities.com/crash607</A>

20. Executioner

Executioner 1/2 ton status

Temp. Ft. Walton Beach Fl. home=Tucson, Az.

How about some trail riding in the Florence area ?