Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Arizona Drivelines...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by AkMudr, Jan 30, 2005.

1. AkMudr

AkMudr 1/2 ton status

2. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

i have very negative comments about arizona drivelines so I will keep it to a minimum:D . Furthermore these extended slips are meant to be on farm implment type applications. High Speeds fling out the much needed grease and shorten the life of the slip and the shaft.

3. AkMudr

AkMudr 1/2 ton status

If it comes down to it I'll drop a H.A.D. shaft on my credit card..thats what its there for..right?? LOL

4. 79Beast

79Beast 1/2 ton status

F Arizona Drivelines

I bought a 1350 hi-angle, long spline front shaft from Arizona Drivelines. When I broke the CV on it, called ahead and then sent it to them to be repaired. I wound up purchasing a BAMF CV to be installed on what was left of my shaft and having it sent back. I don't have any complaints on the actual product. The customer service, however SUCKED. I will never deal with them again and I will continue to slander their name every chance I get. Not only did they mess up my order...which I placed with very specific instructions printed on paper which I shipped with the product, but they would not admit fault and refused to make anything "right". There are too many details to list here, but one detail included stiffing me for a new Ujoint at the axle yoke when the one installed in the shaft was a week old and duct taped around the caps to keep it together. I verbally and in writing requested (and they agreed) for the shaft to be shipped on my Fed Ex account. It was the same account I used to ship it to them AND the account number was written on the aforementioned piece of paper. When they UPS next dayed it, I called them out on it promptly. They refused to admit fault and I had to foot the entire amount. I was supposed to get a Bad Boy Jr CV and wound up getting the more expensive BAMF.....I'll stop here, but you see where this is going. F them. Don't do business with them, don't let your friends do buisiness with them, and if you see Oscar crossing the street run him down.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2005
  5. 79Beast

79Beast 1/2 ton status

all business goes to HAD.

I should also mention that I bought my rear shaft from Jesse at High Angle and the service that I recieved was nearly flawless. My shaft did end up being about half an inch too long...due mainly to my uptravel and HAD's close tolerances. However, I got an open invitation from Jesse to shorten it for free and if I shipped it to him, he'd ship is back. I have yet to do it, but it's nice to know any problems would be taken care of.

6. FWP

FWP CRS

7. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

79Beast, i thought you were badmouthing Jesse there for a minute. never spoke to him myself, or ran any of his products, other than driving Tim's truck around at Badlands for RTCC. yeah, we broke a front shaft during the comp, but from what i hear, Jesse made it right. when my stock shafts go, i'm replacing them with HADs.

8. AkMudr

AkMudr 1/2 ton status

Jesse's work is unquestionably #1 in the USA, maybe I could go greater and say he's #1 in the market. I'm not about buyin cheap parts becuase I dont believe in halfassing.But at the same time I hafta buy 2 driveshafts. lol.

I'm glad you guys posted up yer .02 about AzD, was just curious as to what others thought. Ive only seen 1 shaft from them and the guy seemed pretty happy with it, maybe a long shot for that to happen again.

When the time comes I'll be ordering the 1ton CV with the 205 flange and 1410 @ the axle.

9. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

I have no personal experience with Arizona Drivelines, or Gloeco, or driveshaftsuperstore.com, or whatever the hell he's calling himself this week...
    But I haven't heard anything good about their service on any 'board I've been on.

10. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I won't deal with a company that doesn't realize puting music on your site and not giving the people the option to turn it off is ANNOYING.

11. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

If you do a search, you'll find numerous threads on AZ Drivelines, gloco, etc. He's got multiple names to diffuse some of the bad publicity, but it's Oscar behind all of them, and they all suck. If you get a good shaft, it's pure chance and luck, if you get a bad one or need any kind of service, he will absolutely and without doubt make it your fault. Even if you've got it in writing and there is no question he screwed up, he'll still claim you are wrong and he is right, and you'll get no support what-so-ever. I've seen some of the garbage he produces, including welds that don't even touch both pieces of metal. And I know several people who got charged for stuff he didn't provide even though it was itemized on the bill. This includes thicker walled tubing that turned out to be same as stock, new joints that clearly were not, new CV pivots and machining to replace when that was clearly not done, and clearancing on a CV yoke that still had all the casting marks with no signs of modification. In every case that I am aware of, when he was called on it, he flat denied any wrong doing and provided no corrective action. He is a POS of the highest order.

That said, I know of only 1 person who seems to do ok with his shafts. If you want an alternative opinion, talk to Rob (therobzilla) who seems to have done ok and been treated ok. <shrug>

12. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

For what it is worth, yes I have and still use there shafts. I have a front and a rear from them, and have had no problems with it. I have the long travel front and a high angle rear. I have beat the snot out of it, and to this day have had zero problems with it.

I have had numerous shafts made by them, and no problems. I just can't justify paying the money and waiting the time for HAD, not saying it's not good stuff, but wheeling in the rocks takes out good stuff, bad stuff. HAD does sell some great stuff, no question about it.

I know some of the people/owners at AZ Driveline, and it pays to know someone when and if you have problems on the trail and need a shaft.

I am not going to get in a pissing match over this, just posting up my personal experience on this matter, since my name has been mentioned on this post.

13. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I have heard good and bad as well . And I bought one from them . I have no problems going from the trail run where some say 12 bolt u-joints shouldn't be , then driving home at 65 - 70 mph . Ocassionally I may have to replace a u-joint , but thats our life :k5: :k5:

14. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

I personally know Brian "his grandfather started the business"

ANY problems with them, simply lead to Oscar. PERIOD

I have had great luck with my shafts from them, 1350 rear cv high angle, 1310 front cv high angle

I did have an issue with my first rear shaft, .I also had a yoke that was not clearenced or machined, I did get the correct size tubing I asked for though.

I like them simply because they are local, they are nice "brian" I really like dealing with brian, and he is a killer person and friend. The person who is making that place crap, is Oscar. He simply does not care enough. Steve a guy who used to run the front is no longer there, they were short stffed for a while and you had to deal with Oscar directly. Steve had killer customer service too:(

Maybe when brian takes over things will be jim dandy again.

If I was more serious about driveshafts though, or I was going to order a 1410- flange all out bad ass shaft....HAD all the way.

You get what you pay for, and sometimes not even that!:crazy:

-shawn

15. gotmud77

gotmud77 1/2 ton status

I am running one of there shafts and it seems to be a good quality but there customer service sucked. I was shipped 3 shafts before i got the one i ordered. I had to ship one of them too the other gut that ordered it. Any way the next time i need a shaft it will be from high angle.

16. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

When I needed a new rear driveshaft most of the locals here recommended HAD instead of AZdrivelines and I'll have to say I was very impressed with the personal service, extremely fast build/shipment, quality and price. I'll definately give Jesse a call when I need another d shaft.

17. stevewix

stevewix Registered Member

ok, when i bought the sye from oscar for my 208, i had no idea he had this much bad feedback.

that said, i am really satisfied with it. so far, my biggest problem is the yoke bolt vibrating out! this time i'll get it good and tight and tack weld the head to the yoke.

i wheeled the **** out of it (unaware) with the shaft collapsed, and about 1" of yoke on the output. i even had to mash the throttle to get up one hill where i wheel, and got one or two good load-unload hops out of it. that said, if the output IS weakened by heating/drilling, (which it is) the 6.2 doesn't have the sack to break it. tough as i need it. thank god.

my 2 cents.

18. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

since some one brought this up to the top,

I was just by there last week and my friend brian is no longer working there :( and they are closing the diff rebuilding shop, so they will be just driveshafts again :(

19. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

I have one from them, busted it. They told the previous owner that they have a lifetime warranty, so I call them up and get the runaround. "We don't warranty custom driveshafts" :mad: and they want over $400 for a replacement YOKE when the whole F'n shaft is $600. :confused:

20. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

I got one good shaft a few years back for my blazer, and I have a bad one in the crew cab. They can do good work, but without being there watching every move there is no way to know.