Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Arizona Drivelines

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by The_Law, Oct 22, 2002.

1. The_Law

The_Law Registered Member

2. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

A guy in our club bought one and thought he paid for overnight service. They shipped it regular ground and he missed out on a big off roading event, they didnt seem to care eaither.

3. JIM88K5

JIM88K5 1/2 ton status

I have one of their cv shafts and it is fine. It's light duty compared to a High Angle unit, but for daily driver usage its fine. My sig says High Angle but I only have half of it. Im still running my Arizona shaft. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Jim
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

4. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

I have done an enormous amount of business with these guys, and have had no problems with them. Just last week I took in 4 shaft to get shortened and lengthened, and had them back the same day.

I don't have anything bad to say about them, and all my experiences with them have been excellent.

Rob

5. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Marv has one and I've heard him comment that he thought the quality of construction/welds was not very good. I was also working on a AZDL shaft for a friend last week and we found (what appeared to be) a damaged pin that was supposedly repaired during previous warranty work. That shaft had places where the yoke was welded to the tube and you could clearly see that the weld was not even TOUCHING both sides of the seam in some places. One was roughly 3/4" long where you could still see the raw joint. The rest of the weld lapped over at MOST 1/4 of the bead. *I* would be ashamed if my home built shafts looked like that, and I'm no pro in business charging people. I've also heard stories about problems with warranty work. Honestly, I don't remember ever hearing anyone with an unqualified recommendation of them until I read Robs post.

<shrug> As with most business, you'll hear most about the "bad" stuff and (comparatively) little about the good. There are exceptions though, and one is Jess at High Angle. I've never heard anything bad about his quality or service. I *have* heard people say *they* screwed up with measurements or abuse and Jess *STILL* made it good for them at no (or little) charge. The few times that Jess has screwed up on an order or had problems with a (presumably) bad shaft, he's made it up immediately and over-nited replacements. Now, these are the stories I keep hearing and, I can tell you straight up, Jess *WILL* get my business, no question. It also helps that he sponsors a give-away and discounts on CK5 AND PBB. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

6. Mr. Jimmy

Mr. Jimmy Registered Member

I bought a slip yoke cv shaft from Arizona and had problems with the slip yoke leaking T-case fluid, because of poor welds also not pleased with balancing of shaft

7. 85 blazer

85 blazer 1/2 ton status

You guys are scaring me i just ordered 1 from them should be here next week I will let you know what I think! /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

8. bogginnut

bogginnut Registered Member

I bought a SYE and cv d shaft for my Heep from them about 2 years ago. Zero problems. I couldn't be happier, and the price was right. My .02 Cents. Sean

9. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

I guess this is probably the same poster (big coincidence if not) but others here might be interested in the content of an identical PBB thread. Follow this link for the low down...

10. The_Law

The_Law Registered Member

Yes, it is. I am trying to gather as much info. as possible before I make a gamble. College drains too much $ /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

11. 85 blazer

85 blazer 1/2 ton status

well thats good to hear, now I need to just sit and wait then I will let you know!!!

12. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I got both of my shafts from them and I have mixed feelings. They were not clear to me on the warrenty and Fawked me good when I shattered the rear shaft the first time. The lifetime warrenty that they advertise does not cover the CVC joint. It is only for the shaft and the slip yoke. I've got thier "Terminator" on the front and the back and to get thier angle they grind out the CVC and run a conversion U-joint. Not as strong as a 1-ton CVC but not bad either. How they fawked me was this. The first time that I blew the CVC apart, They said send the whole thing back and they will fix under warrenty. They rebuilt the whole shaft which did not need to be done and charged me like $220 bucks and then sent it back. I just got done blowing apart the front shaft and spent some time on the phone with them about it. I found out that it depends on who you talk to. One guy was like "just send the whole thing in and we'll look at it". Did not want me to just send in the broken parts. I called back the next day and got somebody else and recieved great service from whoever that was. He said that since the CVC was not under warrenty and the rest of the driveline was fine, there was not any point in sending in anything. They are sending me all the parts for like $85 and I will put it together myself.

That said, They have been good drivelines. I have used the hell out them and for the most part they have delivered. I think where Arizona fails is in thier customer service. And it doesnt look like that is true for everybody there. I think that if your not running a huge lift or 44" tires and are on a budget, they will take care of you.

In the middle of all this, I did call Jesse at High-Angle to get some prices and it was a night and day difference. The next time I blow a drivline I am calling him. If I have the money. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

13. FWP

FWP CRS

See this...

CRAP