Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Arizona Flexin Pictures, New Springer Suspension On First Gen!!

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by therobzilla, Mar 10, 2002.

1. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

Check out these pictures, of my 1st Gen on Lower Woodpecker in AZ. Keep in mind, this is a 1st Gen and I have a lot of additional work to do on my shock towers and my inner fenders.

Let me tell you, the flex Springer Suspension provides is hard to believe. I never would get this type of flex with anything aftermarket.

I'm happy, and that's all that matters. Let's see, that's twice up Upper Woodpecker, twice up Lower Woodpecker, and 1/3 of the way up Highway to Hell. Yes Marvin and I cruzed up Highway to Hell and walked the whole trail with a tape measure, and guess what, with the exception of 1 major obstical, I't looks doable with a full size as long as you don't mind some body damage. We are going to take a stab, but have not decided when yet.

Anyway, check out the pic's.

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Flexy>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Flexy</a>

Robzilla

2. smp

smp 1/2 ton status

Damn Rob thats pretty flexy looks like that springer set up is doing what its suppose to do. Hey do you get any axle wrap with that set up?

3. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

Shane,

No more axle wrap than I normally get, I am not even running the track bar in the rear as of yet, and I have not had any trobule as of yet.

Rob

Dude, we have to get together and run a trail. I think my son and I have been out at least 3 times in the last 4 weekends.

The trails in Florence Junction are awesome.

Rob

4. SnowNuts

SnowNuts Registered Member

Send me any info on what it took to build this flexy suspension....Cool Man!!

5. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Rockin! Sweet!! Killer Diller!! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

6. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

SnowNuts,

Sent you some info on the rear suspension on your e-mail.

Marv

7. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

UUMMMM, Dude thats........sweet!! What would you say your static lift is? What size tires are you running? Whats the other side, like totally stuffed! SWEET!!