Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Arizona Fullsize Run Update

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by NoRulz, Nov 1, 2001.

1. NoRulz

NoRulz 1/2 ton status

Ok, I have to apologize guys & girls, I know I've been slacking behind here, but I've had a couple things pop up (mostly my computers crashing) but here I am.
    Everything is on. The plan is to leave the Table Mesa Road parking area at 9:30 AM on Saturday the 10th. Rough directions are to head up to Table Mesa Road off I-17 (exit 236) goto the west side of the bridge over I-17 & there will be a road running to the north. go down that road until it turns to dirt (about 3/4 mile or so, I dunno for sure) right after it turns to dirt there will be a parking area on the left side. That will be the meeting area. I'm most likely going up there the night before, just to make sure I'm not late myself. Anyone that wants to head up there Friday night is more than welcome. I don't know if I'll go play around Friday too, but there is that possibility from some other people I know. But the chances are 99% I'll be there Friday night if anyone wants to come up early. My wheeler is an Orange & Black 1978 F250 supercab, & I tow with a brown 2000 Dodge. If you find either one of those vehicles, I pretty much guarantee it's me. If anyone needs a map, I'll have an URL for ya here soon...

How about a Roll Call... who all is coming?

My Ford has chevy parts! it's all good!

2. FWP

FWP CRS

Excellent. Thanks for the update. I'll be there. I might even be able to head out there Friday afternoon. I didn't think about something like that, but that's a good idea. Send me a PM with your phone number. laters.......

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/75K5>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/75K5</a>

3. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

I am trying my hardest to make it. It will be close, but if everything goes well it will be done. I am almost done with the cage, and I still need to regear the front axle.

86Jimmy 4"&35"MTRs,87 burb 4"&35"MT,69Firebird w/525 hp,and 70GTO live in PHX,AZ<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/modifierperformance>My vehicles</a>

4. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Unless he changes his mind (or something comes up), I'll be riding with Fred (FWP). Sure wish my K30 was ready. [​IMG]
    Russ

85 K30 CUCV, 350 TBI, TH400, 205, D60/C14, 4.56 Locked
    Some day: 4" lift, 44" tires, massive cutting, shorter wb and rear overhang.

5. doubledeuce

doubledeuce Registered Member

I will be out there on the 10'th. If I can get off work I will be out there on Friday afternoon. I drive a Tan 83 3/4 ton GMC. See you all there. DD

6. NoRulz

NoRulz 1/2 ton status

BadDog, how much do you need done?
    if it's running &amp; moving, you're set to go... bring it !!!

7. NoRulz

NoRulz 1/2 ton status

oh, &amp; if any of y'all want to head out friday afternoon, gimmie a time to be there by... we can kick back, BS, &amp; drink some beers into the evening if you want. I'm still unemployed &amp; the g/f is gonna be out of town all that week, so I got nothing but time...

8. BadDog

I wish it were. Still got to finish the fuel system, missing some lines and my TBI tank has a busted baffle. It still hasn't been cranked since the gas conversion so there maybe some glitches to deal with. Gonna fool with it this weekend but don't know how far I'll get. And the number one problem, I still don't have decent tires. Right now it has a set of 31" ATs. I've never been on Raw Deal but, with the little weenie 31s on a long bed truck it would be more trouble than it's worth.

Russ

9. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

I hope to make this run...! Looking forward to it.

Marv

10. NoRulz

NoRulz 1/2 ton status

ah... yea, if it's not running you won't get very far.
    Look forward to meeting ya anyway... we'll give ya some good ideas

11. yogiaz

yogiaz Registered Member

Sounds fun! Raw Deal is a good trail for a night run! Its probably the easiest trial out at Table Mesa. I would like to join all of you... but a club member is coming down from Prescott so I can weld up some sliders for him. I learned that once you have your own welder... you start making alot of new friends!!! LOL Some of the Toyota / Jeep guys from the Pirate board and myself are running Predator and some other trail on Sunday though. We will not decide on the second trail until we find out who shows up!

Yogi

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by yogiaz on 11/02/01 01:50 PM.</FONT></P>

12. NoRulz

NoRulz 1/2 ton status

looks like I may be staying up there all weekend then... Woo !!!

13. DesertDueler

Me too!

86Jimmy 4"&35"MTRs,87 burb 4"&35"MT,69Firebird w/525 hp,and 70GTO live in PHX,AZ<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/modifierperformance>My vehicles</a>

14. NoRulz

NoRulz 1/2 ton status

damn I wish I had my cage &amp; skidplates done... I could get really stupid then...

15. doubledeuce

Well it looks like my spotter backed out on me. If anyone knows any one who wants to go but does not have a ride let me know. I live in CHandler and will pick anyone up in the general area if needed. Send me a PM. DD

16. NoRulz

NoRulz 1/2 ton status

I'm sure we might have a few looking for rides, &amp; even if not, we should have plenty of spotters around. All should be good.

17. doubledeuce

If someone does need a ride Just have them give me a day's notice so I can be ready.DD

18. BadDog

I already caught a ride with FWP but, don't worry about a spotter. At any of the really rough sections (not sure how rough or how many on Raw Deal) there will generally be only one vehicle at a time making the attempt. In the mean time, there will be more than enough spotters AND drivers watching and giving you more advice and guidance than you know what to do with. [​IMG]

Russ

19. NoRulz

NoRulz 1/2 ton status

Any of you Tucson guys that were worried about the early start thinking about heading up Friday evening?
    I'll bring my tent just in case of foul weather, but most likely I'll either sleep on my trailer or in my chair... weather should be pretty nice, &amp; I'll have my mini-grill if anyone needs to cook. Any of y'all making the longer drive are more than welcome to head up Fri night to make things easier on ya... even if you'll come in later in the evening, we'll be really easy to spot.

20. DesertDueler

Well I got half the cage in tonight so if everything goes well it will be finished tommorow. The front gears I am doing on monday so I should be there!