Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Arizona lift laws?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ugly_blazer, May 31, 2004.

1. ugly_blazer

ugly_blazer 1/2 ton status

Anyone know what the lift laws are in Arizona? Is there a mudflap law? Do vehicles need any type of annual inspection/sticker?

Thanks

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

You need to go threw emissions testing if you live in the Phoenix Metro area or Tucson area I believe. That is a once a year thing so you can register your vehicle.

Mudflaps are required on lifted pickup trucks. Blazers do not need them because the are classified station wagons by the state. You may get pulled over and harrassed if you have an obvious lift and large tires on a Blazer, but you should be able to beat the ticket if the cop gives you one.

As for lift height requirements, I don't know. They may have laws but they are not enforced very hard if at all. If you move to AZ and are going threw inspection you might have problems. I see some insanly tall trucks in AZ and they get away with it.

SuperSize75 on here ran around with 10" lift and 38's and didn't have a problem. I see Superduty's with huge lifts and 44's all the time. I even saw a new Chevy with the 49" Iroks at a car show, and it didn't come in on a trailer that I know of.

Harley

3. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

4. ugly_blazer

Thanks for the info guys. I've been to Flagstaff, Phoenix, and Casa Grande and really like it in Arizona, I think it would be great to move there. Maybe New Mexico would work too, in the "laws list" link they don't have many restrictions.

5. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

Im not sure if the laws on the custom truck site are accurate. When I was talking to a CHP about the laws he told me differrent from what the site says, but hey, just go ask your local law....if they know!

6. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Yea, I remember that particular listing of lift laws coming out about 20 + years ago. Chances are some things have changed some since then, but that list of lift laws seems to be the only one out there circulating the magazines and the web.

7. ugly_blazer

The info for Illinois is accurate but not complete. They also measure from the ground to your frame at a point halfway between the axles, and if you have custom bumpers or raised bumpers they will measure to the frame instead of the bumper. I've ran 10" of lift with 40's (about 8" illegal) and never had a problem though.