Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Arizona rocks

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by AZK5, Mar 24, 2000.

1. AZK5

AZK5 1/2 ton status

Hey if any of you guys are ever in the Phoenix area for work or whatever I'd be glad to set up a run and show you some Arizona trails. I don't need much of an excuse to take off work and go wheelin'.
    CB

2. Zack

Zack 1/2 ton status

I may come out in August but I would fly becuase I am in IL but I may move out there next year. Would you be able to show me your rigs and take me to a trail w/o me haveing a rig out there?

Zack

<font color=red>Zack Carlson</font color=red>
    <font color=yellow>Carlson@thestix.net</font color=yellow>

3. OLDSTEEL

OLDSTEEL 1/2 ton status

Hey AZ you should take a trip down to Tucson and check out some of the trails down there, I've done a lot of good rides there. Have you been to the superstitions yet?, I have heard good things about that area too.

74 K5

Leave it like you found it, or better!

4. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

To ZAck...and all other ColoradoK5er's...i'm 100% sure if any of you were to visit there would be an open K5 passenger seat for you...lol...just need a little warning or at worst case i get 5 sick days a year...lol. Tucson....been there but never ran any trails...sounds kinda fun, the 79 should be rived sunday after the new steering column - radiator - and reseal to the gear box are done...so maybe we can plan a trip down south for some wheelin?

AZBLAZER

1979 K5
    1976 K5 Chalet
    1972 K10 Suburban

5. OLDSTEEL

OLDSTEEL 1/2 ton status

I wont be back in Tucson for about two months, right now I,m stuck in Newport RI., but when I get back I'll let you know and we can make a run.

74 K5

6. BillR

BillR 1/2 ton status

Northern Arizona is nice, too. There's lots of trails up here in the Flagstaff area.

Blazin' in Flagstaff

7. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Gonna reserect my 79 sunday...she's been a garage queen since the Lower Termintor trip a month ago...but hopefully by the 31rst she will be at 100% again...been wantin to drive up to Flag and play in the snow...was even eyeballin the 33x12.50 snow chains and checker the other night...how is the snow holdin up? BTW...check out my 79 at the featured rigs page way down at the bottom... :)!

AZBLAZER

1979 K5
    1976 K5 Chalet
    1972 K10 Suburban

8. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Just drop me a line when you get back Oldsteel...have to be a Sunday unless i can weeze a saturday off...lol.

AZBLAZER

1979 K5
    1976 K5 Chalet
    1972 K10 Suburban

9. AZK5

AZK5 1/2 ton status

Zack you don't want to run any of the desert trails in August but I'd sure set up a run up north in the mountains with a weeks notice.
    CB

10. AZK5

AZK5 1/2 ton status

Oldsteel I've run Cheva Falls but would love to run any other trails you know of.
    AZBlazer you said you ran a trip to Lower Terminator, you didn't take your 79 through that trail did you? I've run Terminator and sent a picture in to be put in the photo gallery, but I think there is a backlog. I'll start emailing you AZ guys anytime I'm on a run if your interested.
    CB

11. Executioner

Executioner 1/2 ton status

Temp. Ft. Walton Beach Fl. home=Tucson, Az.
    Hey, you'll I am in Tucson also, new to the desert and rockcrawling, but I have run the Southerland Trail(near
    Charlo Gap), and Chivo Falls and Taqilia Tank these last two are in the Reddington Mountains.
    I am aways wanting to run some loacal Tucson Trails, and every day learning of new trails, like some on the west
    side of town(Silverbell & ??). I would be happly to run some trail with ya.

12. Moose

Moose 1/2 ton status

azblazerdon't tell me lower terminator was rough on the blazer. Hell I got some good dents. where planing on running preditor in April. I'll keep you in formed. Check out my web page under adventures if you want to se the Terminator trip.

www.users.uswest.net/~trojan

13. OLDSTEEL

OLDSTEEL 1/2 ton status

If you go to a bookstore and pick-up the Arizona Ghost town map, it has alot of nice runs with something to look at when you get there. None of the ones that I have done where hard but I had a good time. If you do decide to go take some flashlights and a gun, you can get into some of the old mine shafts, the gun is for the Rattle Snakes you will see and can't get away from.

74 K5

14. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Oldsteel...if there is a ghosttown between wickenburg and 1-17 chances are i've been there done that...ever been to Tip Top...Columbia? Actually ran a dredge in Humbug creek when El Nino came and paid us a visit!!!

Moose....no dents nore damage from the Lower Terminator...and AZK5...no way man...K5's are a bit on the wide size and won't fit thru...allthough a open diff scrambler and a nicely set-up grand wagoner made it thru with a high lift and some audience particapation...lol.

Moose...the 79 rolled out of the garage tonoght on her own power....yehaaa!!! The new tilt column and the new intermitant wiper switch is now in place and works rather well!!! Saturday i have to install 2" rear blocks and my new ORD greaseable heavy duty front shackles along with the steering box brace...do you know anyone who might weld in my frame plate rather cheap and do a good job...????

AZBLAZER

1979 K5
    1976 K5 Chalet
    1972 K10 Suburban

15. AZK5

AZK5 1/2 ton status

Moose have you taken your Blazer through Lower Terminator? I didn't see any pictures of your K5 on any of the Terminator obstacles on your webpage. I ran my 73 K5 through and recieved only minor scratches along the bottom of one rocker panel. Email me when your going to Predator, I've been told it's impossible for fullsize vehicles to fit through. This was by heep owners of course.
    CB

16. Moose

Moose 1/2 ton status

Took my K5 up part way but with an open diff I thought I'd better not try the whole thing.(broke my rear that has the Auburn in it). You made it all the way through. I'd love to seen that. I talked to a budy named Steve and he said he took his Fullsize Chevy through also. he told me I just need to run a different line than the Cheeps. Azblazer and I didn't want the body damage that was happening to some of the Jeeps. Do you have any pics of your trip. I think where going April 15 to Preditor. There also talking about running Lower and Upper Terminator and time willing running Upper Raw Deal. I'll keep you posted. Azblazer good deal the K5 of yours is georgeous. I still want to run to some Ghost towns. April 28 I'm leaving for mexico for a race. let me Know when you have some time.

17. Nate87k5

Nate87k5 Registered Member

I am always looking to go out wheelin when I can. If you guys plan any trips keep me informed and I will do the same. Myself and two other Blazer nuts are suppose to be planning a trip out to Trail 42. I will let everyone know when I get a ferm date. Nice to hear that the 79 is up and running again AZBLAZER. Time to take her out again.

18. Steve88

Steve88 1/2 ton status

Heck I'll go too, but until I lift her and get some bigger tires I'll have to be a passenger. I'll bring beer!

<font color=red>Steve88</font color=red>[​IMG]
    88K5 Silverado
    thunderdog@metallica.com

19. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

No Beer....mountain dew or pepsi will work....drinkin is reserved for passangers only!!! Never rock crawl and drink...not a good combo...a friend at work ran the back way to crown king....one of the group...just happened to be a K5...the driver was drinkin way to much...when you start climbin out and up from the oro belle you will snake around a corner with a cattle guard....lets just say he kept goin straight instead of following the road...the end result was not pretty...its a long way down!!!! So thanks to this insident there are rumors of the state closing this kick butt trail!!! No Drinkin And Drivin!!!!

AZBLAZER

1979 K5
    1976 K5 Chalet
    1972 K10 Suburban

20. Denvermitch

Denvermitch Registered Member

Has anyone run through Box Canyon and then on to the Coke Ovens and the Gila River? Great trail but throught it was a little rough for my first real 4 wheel adventure in a stock Jimmy.

Best part was when we got to the Coke Ovens and a bunch of ATV riders looked at me like I was crazy and asked how we got there. ;-)