Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ARIZONA RUN 01/12/02

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Haulgas, Dec 30, 2001.

1. Haulgas

Haulgas 1/2 ton status

This will be the last post.

Ok here is the plan. We will meet at 6:00 am on January 12 (sat) at Denny’s at I-17 & deervalley Rd it is just west of the freeway. We need to leave right at 6:00 am so if you want to get some to eat you need to be there before 6:00. Also we will be calling are run the G-spot trail run (Thanks to blender). He will be camping out up there and said anybody else is welcome to camp with him.we will be running channel 5 on the CB and if any body want’s me to put a cell phone list together you need to PM them to me. After talking to the other k5’er about giving out directions to the trail head they said “if you don’t go you don’t need to know’.

Ok this is who I have so far.
    1.Haulgas
    2.Azblazer
    3.Fwp
    4.Juan
    5. PolarBear
    6.Blender
    7.Marv
    8.Moose
    9.Scoutman
    10.Fordboy
    11.Hossbaby50
    12.Bob in his Chevy jeep
    13.Therobzilla
    14.Baddog
    15.Hossbaby50 F**d friend
    Anybody else planing on going ? would like to know so we don't leave with out you...

Marv would Please PM. me or e-mail me @ Haulgas@sprynet.con

IT'S NOT JUST A J**P THING AND I DO UNDERSTAND
    <P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by Haulgas on 01/01/02 09:51 AM.</FONT></P>

2. smp

smp 1/2 ton status

I'll try to make i'm working my a$$ off to finish the blazer i won't know for sure but i'll let you know closer to the time to go.

[​IMG] Sometimes you feel like a nut [​IMG]

3. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

1? Does anyone have a little extra room in there truck. I was planning on being down there for that weekend and this would be a nice litle excursion.

Sun Desert Offroad <a target="_blank" href=http://4x4.alloffroad.com>4x4.alloffroad.com</a>

It's all fun and games till someone loses an eye!

4. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

If I get my Jimmy through emissions I will be there. Anybody know about what time it will be over because I have another run the next day.

86Jimmy 4"&35"MTRs,87 burb 4"&33"MT,69Firebird w/525 hp,and 70GTO live in PHX,AZ<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/modifierperformance>My vehicles</a>

5. Haulgas

Haulgas 1/2 ton status

we should be back around night fall.

6. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

Okay I will try and make it. I will lat you know closer to the date.

86Jimmy 4"&35"MTRs,87 burb 4"&33"MT,69Firebird w/525 hp,and 70GTO live in PHX,AZ<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/modifierperformance>My vehicles</a>

7. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Brian...ended up goin to Ariba's for dinner that night. Spent all day today in the garage again. The 76 didn't suffer a MSD failure....just a Pro Form coil. Fixed the darn Honda...and put the lockright Marv sent over with Fred in the 79.....Test drove fine with no noises....the sidegear shims mic'd at .030...and looked a lil beat up....gonna run by chevy wednesday and try to procure a couple new ones...final tollerance on the lockright halves was allmost over the .156 to .170 limit....so before we go out i want to pull it down again and install new side gear shims...to be on the safe side...lol. I think Bobzilla is headin up Fred's way on tuesday to wheel...what are you doin?

Azblazer

1979 K5 350 TBI
    1976 K5 Chalet
    If it ain't got arizona pinstriping.....you ain't wheelin the pee outa her!

8. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

My best buddy is trying to get his F*rd ready to go on this trip with me. Is it cool if he goes? If not let me know. Thanks

Harley

My Chevy isn't broken, its just out of gas.

9. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Well, I've got my K30 running pretty well but I still don't have a line on any decent tires. I also still have to get some sort of roll bar in there.

If possible, I'll join you guys. Probably with 31" Big-0 M/Ts, 4" lift (1 ton springs with a flip so not much flex) and no role bar. What's the chance of rolling on this one? Sounds pretty low so I should be ok without the bar. I'll probably crawl under there and shave the C14 (and maybe the D60 too) to help out with the small tire situation (unless I get lucky between now and then).

So, locked axles, small tires, (maybe no bed?), stiff suspension, and no role bar. What do you think? If you guys think this "dog'll hunt", let me know. I'll have to trailer it in so I hope there is a place to leave my Ram and trailer. Otherwise, maybe I can bum a ride like I was going to do last time...

Russ

85 K30 CUCV, 350 TBI, TH400, 205, D60/C14, 4.56 Locked
    Some day: 4" lift, 44" tires, massive cutting, shorter wb and rear overhang.

10. NoRulz

NoRulz 1/2 ton status

I'd like to, but I won't be making this one. Too much work I need to get done on the truck before the following weekend

My Ford has chevy parts! it's all good!

11. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

Haulgas,

Count me in, I don't have a top on the blazer yet, but I will suffer to get some wheeling/camping in. Both myself and my son (4wheeling buddy, at 7 yrs old, and good at it) will be coming.

So let me get this right. Leaving on the 12th real early, and camping on the night of the 12th, returning on the 13th in the pm.

I anyone going up on friday night??? Is so, I'm in for going up on friday and camping two nights.

BTW: 72 K5, I have met Doug a few times, and am jumping to get off road again.

Thanks,

Robzilla

BTW, if you need to get in touch, you can reach me at: 480-460-1060. Rob

12. Haulgas

Haulgas 1/2 ton status

Baddog,
    You should do fine with what you Have.Do you have a Sams Club card ? They have some Lerados 35's Mt for 114.00 each.The guy said BFG own's the company that make them and they look like BFG Mt. If I had some xtra cash right now I'd buy some.

13. Haulgas

Haulgas 1/2 ton status

Hossbaby50,
    Fords are welcome. But Tell him to be prepaired to take some good nature Ribbing after all this is a K5 Thing :)

14. BadDog

Yeah but, I don't want to spend money on temporary tires that are that small. I'm looking for 40" minimum. I'm trying to force myself to wait for a good deal but, I'm getting impatient. If I get my lift and other stuff on and ready, I may just break down and buy a set of new 44" TSLs (OUCH!) or maybe go with the 48s. I just hate to buy new tires for a dedicated off-road truck. There is no way I'll get any significant tread wear before the side wall is ripped out or they are otherwise ruined...

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Russ

15. NoRulz

NoRulz 1/2 ton status

I bought my 42s at discount tire... with road hazzard :D
    they didn't want to give it to me at first, but when I said I wouldn't buy the tires without it, they did it. Just something to think about before you go with 44s, your looking at $75ish more a tire, only gaining an inch of ground clearance, &amp; your getting almost 4" more width. The big reason I did 42s is because our trucks are heavy &amp; hard to steer to start with, &amp; the offset I needed to run to get a 15" wheel on my 60 sticks out so far, I really wanted a narrower tire. with my 42s on 15x10 2.5" backspace wheels I'm about 94" sidewall to sidewall... &amp; I'd love to be a couple inches narrower. I'll sell ya my 15/42-15s &amp; wheels soon as they come out with a 15/42-17 though :D

My Ford has chevy parts! it's all good!

16. BadDog

Yeah, I've been waffling back and forth on whether it would be worth $75x4 (or 5!) for 1" additional clearance. The additional width I'm mostly ok with. My truck will be much lighter than even a factory Blazer so that will help. If it is too much, I'll add the boost from that guy in Texas. I really wish I could find a set of those 1200x20s (44") for cheap. Heck, I might even spring for some 1100x16s (39") since they would fit my stock 16" wheels which, unlike 16.5s, have the retaining bead. As an added bene', no grinding required! Might be good even though they are 1" (or a little more) less than my self imposed minimum. Ahh well, I guess I will just wait and see what I find...

Russ

17. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

I'm just going to warn you about this Robzilla guy. He just aint right. Now the kid is pretty kewl. [​IMG]
    communities.msn.com/OffroadK5s
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Grim>coloradok5.com/gallery/Grim</a>
    75 Jimmy, Dollar
    Grim-Reaper

18. FWP

FWP CRS

Good Pics[​IMG]. See you on the trail Rob.

Fred

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/75K5>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/75K5</a>

19. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

There he goes again, Grim talking $hit again (LMAO). Grim and I have done some serious wheeling together, and I'm not that wild, just love to wheel. I will go at any lenghts to get on the trail, and carnage, well, it's just part of the fun.

It's been some time now, since I wheeled, I think the last run was Winter Madness at Tellico!!! Now that was a blast, 10 hours in the snow with 5 or 6 rigs on the trail, going up trail 9 in Tellico. If anyone know trail 9 in Tellico (AKA Slickrock), it's one of the trails that you really don't even want to try in good dry weather. What the He#$, we where there, and man did we have carnage. All in all, I would do it again in a red minute.

I am still looking for someone that want's to camp friday night, and saturday night. I am willing to go up on friday in the late afternoon and set up camp, any takers???

Looking forward to excursion!!

Grimy, YOU ARE THE MAN!! Wish I was home, but time will tell. You never know, I may be back some time?! Grim, will you be attending Winter Madness this year? I am going to try to come back at least to catch a ride with someone, the only problem I see currently, is a possible conflict in travel schedule. National Sales Meeting in January for the job.

robzilla

Grim, check out the final paint job on the Blazer.

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Camo-Paint>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Camo-Paint</a>

20. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Can't camp friday night as i have to work....the other problem is since bobzilla is bringin his newly created chevy-jeep....i have no one to drive the Chalet there and back...otherwise i would be up to campin at least saturday night.

On a lighter note....drove out to the new Williams travel center across the street from the shop tonight to meet fellow CK5 member bablazer73 who drives for CR England...Henry is a first class guy fella's...and its kinda neat to meet him as i've bought parts from him off of the board and ebay....lol. He said he is planning on stopping by the shop tonight after 6pm before he heads to Vegas to drop the rest of the load....so Haulgas since you live in the area maybe you can swing by and meet him if you have time.

Azblazer

1979 K5 350 TBI
    1976 K5 Chalet
    If it ain't got arizona pinstriping.....you ain't wheelin the pee outa her!