Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Arizona Sheriff

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by fireplug, Jan 24, 2007.

1. fireplug

fireplug 1/2 ton status

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Arpaio

I'm sure this guy is known to many of you. Sounds like a guy on the right track. Of course I only know what I read here.

2. 1BadK-30

1BadK-30 1/2 ton status

He may sound good, but hes a crock of crap. Lies and many other things id rather not get in depth about. I'm sure others will chim in on this.

3. colbystephens

colbystephens 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

yeah, arpaio is a duche. he just gets the old people vote in maricopa, thus he gets re-elected b/c the majority of the voters there are old. his tough on crime thing is a total joke and he treats his inmates like crap - eating moldy food, etc... mostly for folks with hardly more than a misdemeanor. dudes messed up.

4. koldsimer

koldsimer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I dunno, 90 days in a tent eating moldy bologna sandwiches for 1 pot seed seems fair to me...:rolleyes:

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Well................................................

I find his approach to incarceration off the wall, but I like it. Even though they may have been convicted of misdemeanors, I'm sure you can find plenty of them that got the original charge pled down from a felony, which doesn't mean a whole lot because there are a lot of misdemeanor charges that should require a bullet in the head.........................................

With that being said, he's a politician. :wink1:

6. k5james

k5james 1/2 ton status

That guy is a POS for a myriad of reasons that I won't get into. Let's just say it's easy to act tough when you've never worked a day on the "beat" in your life.

7. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

You've got PM.......................

8. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Ding, Ding, Ding we have a winner. BRB is exactly right. ANYTHING (and I mean ANYTHING) this guy can do to get self-serving face time on televison or in the press he will do it--right, wrong or indifferent. Make a big face showing on the news on how his deputies raided this place or that place then within a few months everything they "accomplished" turns into big-money lawsuits against the county. Unfortunately this is a very common occurrence.
    I have a few friends that are employed by his agency and they all agree this guy is a schlup.

9. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

and he shows up as a topic here at least once a year.

10. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

This year yes , last year I lost count , and its the police so the repost police won't intervene :laugh:

11. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

I think he's awesome :D !!

However, I have read from the AZ K5 locals that he's a real Adam Henry.

If that's the case, one would think his history would come to light like NC Prosecutor Nifong's history did.

12. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Well , just like the LEFT doesn't want to use rational thought , the voters here don't want to see what he does with their money and the power he has .

I love the Police , its an honorable service . I do not like politicians playing cop .

13. Ruthven13

Ruthven13 1/2 ton status

I really do not know too much about him, but he seems like the kind of guy that would pull over and ticket his own mother for going 37 in a 35...

14. k5james

k5james 1/2 ton status

For him to do that he'd actually have to get in a patrol car and perform a vehicle stop, neither of which he's ever done. :rolleyes:

15. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

He would, no doubt, also have to set up a press conference so that the press could film him making the stop....

16. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

So true, so true.........................................

Those that doubt it, refer back to Kurt Bush and that little entanglement he got into down there. Nothing like taking every opportunity at getting your face on TV......................

17. Metrodps

Metrodps Strange but nice guy Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

OK, with all the politics aside! Am I wrong that in the days of old inmates had no A/C, cable tv or high end food and did they not have to work on chain gangs or on truck farms? I always thought prison was to punish a person. It used to be a badge of shame if you were a convict. People looked down at you. Now it is a badge of pride to say I was locked up.

Now if you live in a crapper and don't have much I can see how doing the crime is no bad choice. You get three meals, dental, medical all provided and cable tv in prison. Heck A/C and no 4x8 is not bad when you have nothing.

Prison is more like a break from life than a punishment. Corrections is not run by cops and judges any more they now are run by administrators and the ACLU.

Hell if I go out and rob a bank and get caught I lose all my things I love and care about. My truck my belongings and freedom. But if I live in jack and have to struggle to get by each month it is better for my family if I am in prison.

Food stamps, ADC, Medicare and low income or public housing. All paid for by the working class of America. So where is the deterrent if it is better inside than outside?

18. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

well what ever kind of sack of duche he may be, gotta give him props for some stuff!