Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Arizona State Land Recreational Permit

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by marv_springer, Mar 26, 2002.

1. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

Attention all Arizona Wheelers!

I've heard more reports of people receiving citations out in the General "Florence / Jamboree" area. I just plunked down $20 for a permit today. FourWheeler's Supply on Washington St has them or call 602-364-2753.

I've heard the fine is $500..../forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

Marv

2. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

How long is the permit good for? Not that I will be wheeling for a while, but when my new project is done.

3. marv_springer

1 year....

Marv

4. BLUESMAN

BLUESMAN 1/2 ton status

Phoenix(but it\'s a dry heat...like an oven!)AZ.
    Hey Marv, Is that permit for one vehicle or person?And is it good in all the state?I never heard of such a permit.I guessing I better get one quick!!!!BTW could you read my post on 56" springs?Thanks Mike

5. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

The state land permit is per owner/vehicle (atleast per the original idea - passengers don't need a seperate one), and is good for state trust lands across the board. It really is a good program - much like a fishing/hunting license, the money goes to conservation efforts, fire suppression, etc. For $20 you can help insure that state lands stay open to access.

6. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

A hunting license still qualifies doesnt it?

7. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Hmmm, if I'm going this week end, I guess I'll need to get one? Not sure if I will or not. I've been having trouble finding a machine shop that will open up the taper in my pitman arm and drop a few holes in my offset plates. I did find a place that I can buy a piloted counter bore for $30 so I'll probably just do my own holes. No luck on the tapered hole though. Without that fixed, I have no steering and I won't be able to go.

BTW, do you think my locked in the rear, open in the front, bed-less LWB on 42 will be able to run with you big dogs on Friday? Or is this out of my league for a "maiden voyage take two" (first one washed out when I blew a fuel pump but didn't realize that was the problem).

8. DesertDueler

Russ I will see if I still have the drill bit to drill tapered holes. I had one but I think I left it at work, and I dont work there anymore, and cant get it (long story). I will look tomorrow.

9. marv_springer

Russ,

... you gotta make it man...! If you want, I'll tow you out or lend you the pitman arm off my FunBuggy!... It has a straight drilled 3/4" diameter, but we could make you a drag link to use a heim joint on that end.

42's and no body to dent is the perfect recipe...!! Just ask NoRulz..! You guys w/ 42's ARE the "Big Dogs"...!

Marv

10. BadDog

Thanks much for the offer. Looks like I may have it worked out. I'll let you know...

Hmmm, now that it's warmed up, I think the doors are going to disappear too. Then my "body" will consist of a cab, hood, and core support. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

11. bigdaddy89

bigdaddy89 1/2 ton status

Where are you planning on running on Fri. Marv?

12. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

I don't think so - I was told that the land department was getting absolutely zero funding from game and fish or state parks and is trying to recover from Hull's budget cuts. I've got a buddy that's a spervisor with state land, I'll give him a buzz and find out for sure.

13. marv_springer

We are going to run "Upper Ajax" which is out in the general "Florence / Jamboree" area. See my other post titled "Got Friday off - Let's go wheelin'"....

Would be great if you made it!
    Marv

14. bigdaddy89

bigdaddy89 1/2 ton status

Yeah I saw it after I had made the post. I was hoping you would be going upto Table Mesa area.

15. marv_springer

The weekend of April 13th... I think we're gonna go do Lower Terminator. Who knows, maybe we'll have time for another trail too!

Marv

16. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

OK, Per ASLD, the rec. permit is necessary when running state trust lands other than when hunting or fishing. Personally I don't mind plopping down the $20, since it takes away from the enviros' ability to complain (and I can easily make it back from ASLD in a couple of hours during the fire season/forums/images/icons/smile.gif)

17. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Where can you purchase the permit?

Azblazer

18. DesertDueler

The top says 4 Wheel Supply on Washington and 32nd St /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

19. BadDog

Awwww, crap! I was so busy getting the rig ready, I forgot to go get a permit! My luck I'll get busted after all that work... /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

20. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

To my knowledge it's been farmed out to the offroad shops, and you can pick one up at any ASLD office.