Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Arizona wheeling party

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by google, Jun 4, 2005.

1. google

google 1/2 ton status

EDIT Before people read through this and get confused, plans have been changed to a meet and greet because of fire danger and the inability to use the trails. EDIT

I would like to get together an Arizona get together 4th of july weekend for those of us that can't make it all the way to Blazer Fest. The 2nd and 3rd to be exact. It's the saturday and sunday before the holiday. If I can get enough people to post on here that they would be interested in going, I will make sure we get a camp ground big enough for all of us reserved (if necessary) and a good number of places mapped out for all of us to wheel near the salt river area. I think it would be awsome. Beer, bikinies, BB-Q, and lots of WHEELING. But no, I won't be in a bikini!! I can't provide much in the way of prizes or give aways, but what I will do is go out and get a point system put together for different wheeling spots and give away a large craftsman tool set to the first place winner. How does that sound? If you want to go, post here or to make it easier on me, go to this link and vote on the poll for how many trucks/tow rigs etc... Link to poll

{EDIT}
    OK, PHPBB2 stinks and I can't get the poll to work unless people register on my site, so I'm scrapping the poll. If you would like to join me and my friends, please just post here and email me with your info or an email address so i can email you my info for details.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2005
  2. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

I'd do it, as i would most likely have a 3 day weekend and could even request off Friday 1st for an even longer weekend. Sounds cool to me. :waytogo:

3. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

Count me in too. :grin:

4. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

I think maybe that could happen for us. Now gotta get my butt in gear and get the 465 in. With my luck it'll be the night before or somethin. :screwy: :haha:

5. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

Im there, and not square :D

6. google

google 1/2 ton status

Sweet deal. I just got on ebay to try my luck at finding a cheap 4 core radiator and I found that, an edelbrock carb, a chrome diff cover all in tucson. I'm about to win the radiator and diff cover for $2. That's better then the 200 LMC wanted. The guy has rocker panels for first gen full size chevy and some stuff for bbc too. If anyone wants to bid on the stuff (ends sunday night) i'll be happy to pick it up with my stuff and bring it to the river party with me.

7. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

the 4th is my GF's birthday, i will have a long weekend... as of now i would like to say count us in, but to tag along. her zuki doesnt have a front driveshaft right now. this will just be a meet and great, ride along for us. i will be out that way for the weekend already.

ill keep an update if ill be there, no matter where it is.
    Grant

8. google

google 1/2 ton status

Great! I'll have plenty of room for you guys in my rig for sure if nobody else does. Mine is still a bit under construction so I won't be doing any heavy stuff. IF the four core radiator works out, i'll prolly be ok though.

9. FWP

FWP CRS

I'm thinkin it might be a little warm for wheelin :xmas: , except at night :)

10. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

How bout settin in the river during the hot parts?

11. google

google 1/2 ton status

The heat can only make you stronger.... as long as we stay close to the cool waters of the salt river.... :D Now get back here and commit to joining us. If we get enough people, I may have to spring for a Keg for after the wheeling ends ;)

Anyone know of any campgrounds (real or built) that don't charge for a spot? If not, we may need to get there early enough to claim territory if I can't find a place that's not on the honor system (if you are going to camp, please place $5 in the slot) Those are first come first serve. Maby i'll just have to go out and find something way back in a trail for us to set up camp. I'll figure it out before the time comes. Gunna go out there next weekend and search around for some good wheeling spots near an area we can camp. I'm looking around on the Arizona parks and rec site now for more info.

12. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

Google,

Hey, sounds like a decent idea, will have to run the whole camping thing by the group, not to be a party pooper, but like Freddie said, it's a little toasty to be camping this late in the season, but let's just wait and see, for our group.

Not to be a smart ass, but who are you? Do we know you? Do you know Matt, Fred, Harley, or Marv or someone???? Just like to know the new guys. :D

I would probably be in for a meet and greet, for the day, but I just can't imagine camping in 100+ degree weather. I'm just a little bit spoiled, and my wife will just plain say no. She is way spoiled. But like I said, probably count me in on a stopping by for the day.

Rob

13. teamhickman

teamhickman 1/2 ton status

I'm in!

Can't do the hard stuff yet but as Rob mentioned, it would be a good opportunity to meet and greet and do some lite wheeling.

Andrew

14. google

google 1/2 ton status

Nope, don't know anyone... that's why I wanted to do this. I just got back to AZ after 7 years active duty and need to meet some people and do some wheeling. I haven't been out the the Salt River in years and I miss it horribly. Sorry if it gets too hot for some people, but I guess i'm not spoiled :cool1: Grew up in AZ, spent two years in Germany and the last four GREAT WHEELING years in Colorado running the Rockies It's going to be real different wheeling out here. I've only wheeled up in the mountains with small rivers and lots of snow at times.

SO, I would like to get to know some people out here that share my interests and can teach me a thing or two about arizona wheeling along the way. And by the way, we need to make up some kind of online map with some good trails. I've been googling (no pun intended) arizona wheeling trails for an hour and I haven't found a damn usefull thing.

Anyway, that's who I am and that's what i'm doing. Hope to see you all there!!

15. google

google 1/2 ton status

So would the people going rathr make this a meet and greet BB-Q with beer and camping and light wheeling then? That would be very easy to do and I can quit driving out there looking for trails to kill trucks on.

16. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Wheeling easy stuff won't be easy this summer . Fire restrictions and closures

Area closures prohibit going into or being within the area, which is closed for the protection of public health and safety. Being on any forest roads or trails or camping within the closure area is also prohibited. Exceptions include residents who live within the closure area or their invitees and government officials in the performance of official duties.

The closure encompasses northern portions of both the Cave Creek and Mesa ranger districts. It begins at the intersection of Forest Trail 223 and the Mazatzal Wilderness Area and then follows Trail 223 across the Sheep Bridge and then northwest along Forest Road 269 to Forest Road 24, which is the Seven Springs Road. The closure boundary then goes south along Forest Road 24 until it intersects with Forest Road 483, which loops around Rackensack before hitting the forest boundary. The closure then follows the forest boundary until its intersection with Arizona Highway 87; it then follows Highway 87 north to the Bush Highway and then goes south on Forest Road 166 to the Butcher Jones Picnic Area. The closure then runs along the north waterlines of Saguaro, Canyon and Apache lakes until it runs into Arizona Highway 188 at Roosevelt Lake. The boundary then runs northwest on Highway 188 until it intersects with Arizona Highway 87;.it then runs south along Highway 87 until it intersects with Forest Road 627; then southwest on 627 to Forest Road 393; then along 393 to the Mazatzal Wilderness Area. The boundary then follows the wilderness border counterclockwise back to the start.

These prohibitions will remain in effect until rescinded. The fire restrictions previously put into place on a larger swath of the forest also remain in effect.

Violation of these prohibitions is punishable by a fine of up to $5,000 and up to six months in jail.

:(

But some type of get together would be great . Lots of new blood this last year , and I ain't new anymore now :D

17. google

google 1/2 ton status

Well, I guess that says it. Get together is what it will be. SOOOO, maby it will just be a BYOB and BYOTools meet and greet and show off and BB-Q at the designated grills and watch the girls.....till my wife smacks me.

18. google

google 1/2 ton status

Just cheating my way back to the top of the forum so the AZ guys can see this

19. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

Why don't this get planned in Peyote Gulch or whatever that trail is near Payson.

Or how bout near Prescott.... FWP? you have a spot.

Marv

20. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

grant you want me to track down a driveshaft for ya?

call me if so, I got a lead on a couple sami's that are getting gutted,

-shawn

480-710-6967