Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Arm rest delima come on I know you guys have spare parts laying around!

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Rasberry, Jan 11, 2003.

1. Rasberry

Rasberry 1/2 ton status

I used to have 71' door panels, so awhile back I bought 71' arm rest that I never installed. When I bought a 72' blazer parts truck I installed the 72' panels in my blazer, but they have no arm rest.
    Here's where I need help, does anyone have or are willing to trade either the door panels or arm rest so I have a matching pair.
    [​IMG]

2. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    I believe I have both door panels and armrests from a first gen but not sure what year. ah i just figured it out. The 72's are a different style armrest than what you have in the pics huh. Let me know if you want either and we will work out something.

3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

yeah 72 is one of a kind as far as doors go, you have to do a few modifications to make one piece ABS formed 72 panels go onto 67-71 doors. for starters the window and door latch handle crank shafts are longer in 72 so,..

good luck

4. Rasberry

Rasberry 1/2 ton status

What kind of condition are your 72 arm rest in?

5. JohnSPledg

JohnSPledg 1/2 ton status

I'm going to be making my armrests out of oak. I am going to make an oak dash panel, glove box door, and console as well. I think it will look better than the stock pieces, and it is easy to customize, not to mention tons cheaper. It isn't on the immediate list of things to do, but once I get around to it, I will post some pics.

6. Rasberry

Rasberry 1/2 ton status

That sounds nice and all but what am I going to do about the 50 buck i already spent on these arm rest. Thats why I'm looking for a trade. I need black anyway. I'm going with the black and white motif <--(spell check).

7. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    The armrests I have are the same as what is in the picture but I will have to look cause I think they are either brown or green. they are in my storage shed so may take a day or two.