Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

armor?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BillR, Apr 2, 2000.

1. BillR

BillR 1/2 ton status

I noticed yesterday that my '79 has no skid plates anywhere. Did Chevy not make them, or were they removed? Also, do I need some and who makes them?
    Thanks!

Blazin' in Flagstaff

2. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

Skid plates are helpful for Rcok crawling where jagged rocks can tear off the exhaust and susp...You may have to fabricate your own, I heard old stop signs and road signs can be purchased from the d.o.t, I have seen these used and you can do all of the work your self cheap..My dad has a 94 zr2 with full skid plates he said it is difficult to do work on his truck sometimes because they are in the way...

3. White Knight

White Knight 1/2 ton status

Not real sure but I believe you can still order gas and tcase skids for your 79 thru Chevy, I've got a friend here in Ft Worth that got me a list and prices for my 83 and told me no problem on ordering them, but I had already made some, I've made them out of 1/8 plate and fab fit them to the K5...good luck ..WK

4. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

My 79 has a tiny skid plate under the NP203 transfer case. I think it was Depdog who made his own super beefed t-case skid place. Maybe he'll sell you one.

<font color=black>//////
    What the heck!...Drive it like gas is $0.50/gal!!!
    </font color=black>[​IMG]