Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Armored Bulldozer

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Mastiff, Jun 14, 2004.

1. Mastiff

Mastiff 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I posted this a few hours ago and it disappeared, did it get moderated out? It's kinda cool:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5139598/

2. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gifDude that's freakin nuts!

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I heard about that the other day... /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gifToo bad things couldn't have been resoved in a better manner... /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

4. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

I read about that a short while back, interesting that he tried to avoid hurting anyone yet he mounted a .50 inside. AS far as I know no one was hurt expect the dozer driver who apparently killed himself.

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

5. ugly_blazer

ugly_blazer 1/2 ton status

This report claims that he didn't have any guns and that the mayor was corrupt. I'm not sure who to believe. There were so many shots fired by police that I don't know how the "witnesses" could decide that the shots were coming from the dozer-tank. Who is lying??? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

6. bigyellowjimmy

Interesting article but it sounds like some kind of libertarian BS to me. The author basically states that the cops were too quick to "pull the trigger" but what the heck do you expect the cops to do? I would have done everything to kill the driver as fast as I could if I were a cop in the area as well. Sheesh, he was driving a bulldozer into houses and businesses. I'd say its very clear that using deadly force to protect the public in this case is the right thing to do. So I dont understand why the cops would be making up an elaborate lie about the driver shooting himself if the cops actually shot him. I wonder if the city government is a bunch of losers on a power trip or if the driver is just nuts.....or both /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

7. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Interesting article but it sounds like some kind of libertarian BS to me. The author basically states that the cops were too quick to "pull the trigger" but what the heck do you expect the cops to do? I would have done everything to kill the driver as fast as I could if I were a cop in the area as well. Sheesh, he was driving a bulldozer into houses and businesses. I'd say its very clear that using deadly force to protect the public in this case is the right thing to do. So I dont understand why the cops would be making up an elaborate lie about the driver shooting himself if the cops actually shot him. I wonder if the city government is a bunch of losers on a power trip or if the driver is just nuts.....or both /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

[/ QUOTE ] THE TRUTH WILL PROBABLY NEVER BE KNOWN TO US /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

8. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I want that bulldozer /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif I read an article in the Rocky Mountain News or Denver Post or something today at work, and I'm convinced the dude was a frickin loony tune... psycho crazy man... But damn I want that frickin bulldozer... That'd be bad assssss to play around with /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif I could have my own demolition company... or a valuble thing or important person transportation company... /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

9. bigyellowjimmy

[ QUOTE ]
    I want that bulldozer I read an article in the Rocky Mountain News or Denver Post or something today at work, and I'm convinced the dude was a frickin loony tune... psycho crazy man... But damn I want that frickin bulldozer... That'd be bad assssss to play around with I could have my own demolition company... or a valuble thing or important person transportation company...

[/ QUOTE ]

Talk about being hot in the cab though! whew /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

10. wasted wages

wasted wages 3/4 ton status

The dude with the tank was cooler,,,,,,, /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

11. lason

lason 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    The dude with the tank was cooler,,,,,,, /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, that was priceless.

12. SS66

SS66 1/2 ton status

Well... at least someone finally stood up to the authorities without being labeled as a terrorist.

Kudos to Mr. Heemeyer /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

13. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Well... at least someone finally stood up to the authorities without being labeled as a terrorist.

Kudos to Mr. Heemeyer /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems his intent was not the loss of innocent life, only property damage. Nutcase, YES. Terrorist, NO.

14. SS66

SS66 1/2 ton status

I wouldnt even call him a nutcase. A guy can take only so much crap before he snaps. Though most dont choose an armored bulldozer rampage as the solution. At least maybe now the towns government employees just might think before they act. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Though most dont choose an armored bulldozer rampage as the solution

[/ QUOTE ]

Most people don't think they're being screwed over because the government won't break the rules for them... And even if they do, most people find reasonable, non-psychotic freak ways to handle the situation...

The guy is, indeed, nutcase... Just look at where he LIVED for a week /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif A freakin shed, sleeping in a sleeping bag on a cot, watching Robo Cop and eating sandwiches in between building his maniacal-destruction machine of psychoticness... Basket case... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

16. bigyellowjimmy

[ QUOTE ]
    I wouldnt even call him a nutcase. A guy can take only so much crap before he snaps. Though most dont choose an armored bulldozer rampage as the solution. At least maybe now the towns government employees just might think before they act.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or they might become even more intolerant and limit citizens rights even more to protect themselves from "terrorists" that "wont" comply (as they may see it). Unfortunately there was no chance of resolution once he started driving into buildings, he committed suicide either by cop (as some suspect) or by shooting himself (as the media reports). Its just a sad event no matter what happened. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

17. SS66

SS66 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    The guy is, indeed, nutcase... Just look at where he LIVED for a week /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif A freakin shed, sleeping in a sleeping bag on a cot, watching Robo Cop and eating sandwiches in between building his maniacal-destruction machine of psychoticness... Basket case... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Soooo... a person living in a small building.. sleeping on a cot.. and using a sleeping bag is what you call a nutcase? You better hope no Amish catch wind of this /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

P.s. I sleep on a cot every night, and I also use my sleeping bag on it in Winter. Come to think of it.. I bet many of our Armed forces sleep the same way.

18. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

But do they give up their $135,000 cabin with running water, electricity, and heat to do so? Willingly? When they have the option of living in that cabin?

If you don't have a choice but to live in a shed watching Robocop and going more and more insane every second, then you may or may not be a nutcase... But what kind of sane human being would do what this guy did? Seriously, this guy needed some sort of help, or at least to be locked away in the nuthouse...

19. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I just don't quite grasp the idea that ANYONE could think this man was, at any point in his scheme, a SANE human being who didn't need to be locked up to protect himself and everyone else...

20. SS66

SS66 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    But do they give up their $135,000 cabin with running water, electricity, and heat to do so? Willingly? When they have the option of living in that cabin?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll be doing this exact thing in 2006. In fact, I'll be doing it out in WY by you! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Im not a psycho-cologist so I guess my opinion is groundless. Maybe he was a nutcase /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif