Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Army and/or Texas folks

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by GotLabs, Jul 21, 2006.

1. GotLabs

GotLabs 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I am trying to find out if anyone has any information on an apparent murder/suicide that happened on a Army base in Texas recently. Im just looking for links to news reporting agencies. It would have happened within the last two months. If anyone has info on this post it or pm me.

2. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

I *think* it may have happened in Killeen, at or around Ft. Hood. I know I saw it in the news, but didn't pay too much attention to it. It seems like it was in Killeen though, because I used to be a firefighter there, and I thought it stood out to me for that reason.

Good luck with your hunt. If I see or think of anything else, I'll let you know.

3. midnitewarya

midnitewarya Sounds like a problem for future me. Premium Member

It happened here. It wasnt exactly a murder/suicide, it was more of a murder/get shot to death by the cops. Im good friends with the 1st officer on the scene.

Its amazing how much the P&R people out here keep these things quiet.

From what I hear, Ft Hood is the worst on druga and gang related deaths of all the military bases. Ive heard of at least 4 homicides out here this year. It kinda a scary place to live.

Cant wait to get home to Georgia...

4. GotLabs

Thanks a bunch, would like to find out what happened.

5. midnitewarya

It was a domestic violence call, neighbors heard all the yelling and screaming. MPs showed up, heard horrible screams. When they busted in, he was stabbing her on the floor in the living rom. They tried to get him to stop, but he just kept stabbing. They took him out. 4 or 5 shots. Thats about the whole story.

What's your interest if you dont mind me asking?

6. GotLabs

If its the same person, he was in my squadron before he went in the Army. Heard a rumor last week, just trying to get a straight story so I can set the record straight. If this is the guy, he should have only been there for a month or two. Prior Marine.

7. txfiremank5

Yes, no offense to anyone, but I hate Killeen/Ft. Hood with a passion. The crime/murder rate per capita is off the charts (at least at times). I know when I worked for the FD there in 93/94 it was horrific. I drove 190 miles one way to work (I lived at medina Lake just outside San Antonio) and never moved to Killeen the whole time I worked there because of the crime rate. I remember telling my wife there was NO WAY I was going to raise a family there. The first week I worked there, I think I saw just about every type of traumatic injurey to a person that can be caused, with the exception of decapitation. I saw people shot to pieces, butcherd to death.. beat nearly to death.

The worst part is that most of the crime is caused by military enlisted, and their families. When I was there the majority of the population was black, and the "gansta" mentality ruled the streets. I hated every second there, and didn't stay very long at all. It was the only FD I've seen where everyone carried guns at work, even though it was against city policy.

8. txfiremank5

double post

9. midnitewarya

Not much has changed...

I work loss prevention out here, Ive seen a lot of strange stuff as well. This is by far the worst place I have ever lived.