Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

army camo paint on daily driver?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by anatomiczero, Jan 18, 2002.

1. anatomiczero

anatomiczero 1/2 ton status

Who has camo paint on their daily driver (pics please) Do people think it's cool? Is it a lot better than worrying about getting a regular paint job scratched?

----------------------------------
    soon to have a blazer/jimmy

2. SAVAGE1

SAVAGE1 1/2 ton status

This is my buddy's truck:
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/album52/aak>Camo K5</a>
    He moved in a couple houses down from me and the first time I met him, I was walkin my dog and passed by while he was in the middle of painting his Blazer. Its his daily driver so he gets some interesting looks. Most people like it though.

Rod
    Alameda, CA
    85 K5 6"ProComp 35"Boggers 14Bolt/ Dana44 4.10's
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/K5Jungle>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/K5Jungle</a>

3. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

actually there has been quite a few posts about this same topic in the past. do a search and you can acquire quite a bit a more info/opinions. personaly i think it is cool if your wife/gf will go along with it and not be to embarassed to ride with you ! check out the post entered a few before yours and also go through the members rides section. be inventive but make it simple and not to "active". remember you may want to touch it up in the future. but true military schemes will look the best and have a more acceptible/professional look to them and i think youll be much happier. hope this helps.

darrenolander
    galva,il.
    1979chevycheyenneblazer
    350/350
    gettin'down on all fours, 4 a'little
    x4 play !

4. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

again, not to bad of a camo job. the original scheme i believe was late 60's to early 70's, but obviously not those colors. my unit (x-military) actualy had vehicles in a similar color well into the 90's until the camos where updated to the new woodland/improved woodland. we had old jeeps till replaced by hummers of various types. id like to see somebody camo their blazer in marine camo, it is pretty much significant to the marine corp, or was. i believe it was a two-tone brown with some dark green mixed in.if somebody has access to pics of amphibious vehicles youll more than likely come across it. pretty cool.

darrenolander
    galva,il.
    1979chevycheyenneblazer
    350/350
    x4 play !

5. Tatman

Tatman Registered Member

6. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

dude, your camo job aint that bad. looks pretty good to me. you still have a military look with the custom bumpers and grill. even looks more military with the stock rims. i copied a picture of your truck to keep in my blazer album at home. just thought id let you know.

darrenolander
    galva,il.
    1979chevycheyenneblazer
    350/350
    x4 play !

7. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

I love my paint job, about 35 bucks, and three nights, great for scratches. Do a search on the net for Military Camoflage patters, lots of stuff out there on it. <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Camo-Paint>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Camo-Paint</a>

8. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

check mine out on the link below. I personally don't care what others think but i do turn a lot of heads. got my pattern off here 4x4.alloffroad.com

83 Chevy, 350, sm465, 14ff, (soon to be- dana 60, flatbed,and 39.5" TSL's)

9. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Mine is painted straight Desert Tan. I like it. The light color means I'm never buring myself on the body. I liked the color so much I did it inside too. Easy to find in parking lots. Mine isn't a DD but I make a point to drive it once a week. People look especially when the roof is off. Wait till you see what I got planned next! hehehehehe I think a bunch of folks will like it. Who knows...Maybe tomorrow, since it is raining today, I will get around to what I been talking about doing for a while.

Women dig dents and flat paint!
    coloradok5.com/gallery/Grim
    75 Jimmy, Dollar
    Grim-Reaper

10. Blazr77400

Blazr77400 1/2 ton status

What I always thought about doin was finishing the body work on my truck and then Basecoat ClearCoat the Camo on. I dont think I have ever seen a shiny Camo Job. May defeat the purpose, But I think it would look Awesome.

4 wheeling is like sex, when its good, its really, really good, when its bad its still pretty good.