Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Arrgghhhhh!! The MIS-information continues in my axle search...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by steelsoldiers, Oct 7, 2003.

1. steelsoldiers

steelsoldiers 1/2 ton status

I called about a "set of 1 ton 4WD axles, 8 lug, GM, w/3.43 gears, asking $500 front and back." Yeeeeeee-haw I thought!! But wait, 3.43 gears /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif I didn't think 1-tons came with 3.43s... Well, I thought maybe the guy screwed it up when he counted teeth or something. So, I call the guy, he's real nice, swears he has 1 ton axles for $500 and the front is definitely a Dana 60. He tells me to call his buddy and ask more questions about them since his buddy was going to install them for him and they are at his house. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif I call the guy and ask about the 1 ton axles. He says, "1-tons? I don't have any 1-tons. I do have a set of 3/4 tons with a 8 lug 10-bolt front end." /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif He called his buddy a moron and I hung up. Oh well, at least I didn't drive clear to his house to find that out /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif The search continues /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I love those things. My buddy does that to me a lot, tells people I have stuff, huh I don't have that? I WANT that.