Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ARRRRGGGGHHH

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by laketex, Jan 18, 2002.

1. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Just found out that I need one more class next semester to graduate. But I also looked and saw that I only need 4 more classes to graduate double major. Hmmmm...what to do? Take 5 classes next semester, or Laze off and take the one and work to make some extra spending cash???

My major was mechanical technology and minoring in industrial safety, but for about 1K more, I can major in both and have a lot of flexibility....dang i hate these choices...

Sherman, Tx
    <font color=red>The blazer's almost on the road....anyone got tree fiddy?</font color=red>

2. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

Hmmm...industrial safety sounds like it could be in high demand with all the sue happy people. I dunno? How bad are you wanting to get out of school?

<font color=blue>Answers: $1, Short: $5, Correct: $25, dumb looks are still free.</font color=blue>

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.bluefox.tv/~lara>My Wonderful Site</a>

3. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

yep yep yep. I betcha I'd be banking pretty good with the dual degree. Diagnose problems, and then fix them to a point. The safety department placed 70% of their December graduates and the average salary of those was $44K. Whereas, the technology program is NOT engineering. It's prepping me to be a technician, and we're talking $35-$38K getting outta school. Hmmmm....I'm going down to talk to my safety advisor right quick. Hell yeah I want out of school, BUT...I'd be really happy with the flexibility and job security that would come from a dual degree like this...

Sherman, Tx
    <font color=red>The blazer's almost on the road....anyone got tree fiddy?</font color=red>

4. 87GMCJimmy

87GMCJimmy 1/2 ton status

I would go for the double major. Once your out of school with a good job and making good money it's really hard to go back. I been putting off going back for 8 years now and now I'm not sure if I'll ever go back.

Later
    mike

P.S. Actually I am thinking of taking a begining welding class at a community college but nothing that would further my carear.

5. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Go for the double major.... you can never have too much education and training. However if that's too much for one semester break it down to a year and you can work part time while doing this. In the long run you will be better off as far as getting jobs, being promoted and simply knowing your stuff!

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>Steph's Webpage</a>
    Suck Fumes Ford Boy
    Stop Global Whining
    I'm in shape.... round is a shape......

6. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

Go for the double dude, your already there.... kinda like going to the bathroom and not taking a leak. LOL

Like em big and topless
    You call THAT...a 4x4....LMAO?

7. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Do the double and get it over with. Once it's all finished, then you can turn yourself loose to do whatever you want!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Better to do it now and not wished you did in a few years from now! [​IMG]

<font color=red>Only real men drive K30's!!!</font color=red> [​IMG]

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/thatK30guy>The K30 Collection</a>

8. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Double Whammy! Get both and forget about it!

Eric
    from Freekmont,CA.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.community.webshots.com/user/vwryda>The darker side of nonsense...</a>

9. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

yeah i guess it was kinda a stupid question. Dang I was just looking forward to next semester when i'd only have one class and a job. I can't afford anything right now, including finishing the blazer or taking my wife out to eat. Hate being poor, but I guess one more semester wont hurt. Thanks for the shove in the right direction. Sometimes I get to the bathroom and forget what I went in there for. HAHA

Bryan

Sherman, Tx