Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Arrrrgghh!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ymatt, Jun 5, 2001.

1. ymatt

ymatt Registered Member

Bummer! After all that hard work, getting the transmission rebuilt, installing it in the rain, battling with the transfer case, etc. etc., the darn thing's gotta come back out again! [​IMG]

OK, so everything was working fine, and I was happy (see my earlier post) - finally I could use my K5. I had driven it several miles and used it over a couple of days; all was great. I took it to a garage last week for some work, and when I go back today, I'm told that they can't move the thing! Sure enough, I have a try, and nothing! No engagement in any gear, and t-case range makes no difference.

So as you can imagine, I'm devastated. Fortunately, we have a friend staying with us from London who has offered to take the transmission back to the shop, so at least that'll save us another long journey at great expense.

Now I'm gonna have to try and glue some of this hair back on [​IMG].

2. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

hey, major bummer man! [​IMG]

[​IMG] <font color=blue> Jeff </font color=blue> [​IMG]

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

did you check the linkage and fluid, I know sounds stupid but dumber things have happened

<font color=blue> I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy!

4. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

did you check the linkage and fluid, I know sounds stupid but dumber things have happened

<font color=blue> I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy!

5. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Glue some of that hair back on?!?!?! Hell, join the "Hair Club for Men" instead!!! [​IMG]

When In Doubt, Whip It Out!

6. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Welcome to MY world ymatt!!!!! [​IMG] i finally got mine together monday morn.ive had mine out 4 or 5 times now(I'VE LOST TRACK!!) [​IMG]and i've only put 20 miles on mine so far!! yes it is VERY frustrating,i can more than sympathize with you on this.If mine pukes out again I'm done! I'll be on the hunt for a 400 trans and 205 case and start over. Hope it works out for you. BTW the last time around wiped out my 2500 RPM stall converter also. [​IMG]

PURE INSANITY
    86 blazer see it at:<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.zing.com/album/pictures.html?id=4292792569>http://www.zing.com/album/pictures.html?id=4292792569</A>

7. ymatt

ymatt Registered Member

Yeah, I checked the linkage and fluid. When I removed one of the cooler lines and started the engine, there was no fluid pumping out, so that pretty much says it all.

Reading what P.I. has written makes me wonder even more why automatics are so popular in the States.

Hey, maybe I can make a deal with it; "Either you work, or I'll ask my flatulent Liverpudlian friend to nut ya!" [​IMG]

8. taterblazer

taterblazer 1/2 ton status

It's not the automatic. It's the doosh bag local shop that sux!

9. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

hahahaa!! ok joking on drink now " flatulant liverpudlian", uye, nut im'...[​IMG]

10. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

I dont know what is wrong with your transmissions, but i do know one thing. make sure you are flushing out your trans coolers before installing the new tranny. this is a small step and if it does not get done a bit of damage can or can not happen. just depends on how bad your old tranny was. what is wrong with them? why are you removing them so many times?

1974 Chevy Blazer Cheyanne. lots of plans for it....
    but it is on 33's now, with saggy old springs. i am in so cali if ya got any parts for me.