Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

article/writeup on Blazen Offroad rock sliders??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by KevinsK5, Apr 5, 2006.

1. KevinsK5

KevinsK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Does anyone know if there's been an article or writeup on installing Blazen Offroad's rock sliders? They show two options for install on thier website, bolt-on or weld-on, but they don't say what the primary attachment point is. They also don't say if you have to cut the body to install them. Anyone know? Thanks, Kevin

2. 1977k5

1977k5 3/4 ton status Vendor

3. 81jimmyslt

81jimmyslt 1/2 ton status

Just ask....he has led you to the weld on write up done by a CK5 member.

For the weld on rocksliders obviously you have to cut your existing rockers.

For the bolt on Sliders....

I am waiting on some pictures from the bolt on style that bolts to the body. There is no need to cut any sheetmetal with the bolt ons but you can cut the seam for more clearance.

I changed the mounting from frame to body mounts, that is whats confusing.

Let me know if you have any more questions or need some other pictures.

Thanks,
    Jesse

4. KevinsK5

KevinsK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Thanks a lot for the link 77K5. Your rockers looked just like mine do now, totally rusted out. Only thing is, your front floor brace looks pretty solid and mine is rusted out. I'll probably go with the weld in sliders like you did just because theres no solid metal to bolt them to on my truck. Did you have to patch up or replace any of the factory floor/braces when you welded your sliders in? Jesse, the weld-in kit comes with just the sliders right? No brackets needed? Thanks a lot, Kevin

Last edited: Apr 6, 2006
  5. TDAWG1

TDAWG1 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I am still waiting for X-mas I guess. I just got the bolt ons painted and Though I am still confused a little because Of the different sized bolts I am ready to bolt up. As soon as I get this done I will try to send pics a long with what I did and where it went.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2006
  6. 1977k5

1977k5 3/4 ton status Vendor

Just cut the old rockers out and welded the new ones in to anything I could. Then I tested them (with a high lift) to see if they were strong enough and I couldn't get the body to flex at all so I left it. I would think that front floor brace provides a fair amount of the strength, I would cut it out and weld in some kind of support. The kit was just the two sliders. I didn't mess with replacing any other part of the body.

7. 81jimmyslt

81jimmyslt 1/2 ton status

Send me a PM if you need some help with those. The longer bolts are for the wider body core support. Notice how one is 2" wide and the other is 3"

And yes the weld in sliders are just the tube, no brackets or hardware neccessary.

Jesse