Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ARUUGGGGGGGGH!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MJB774X, Mar 8, 2003.

1. MJB774X

MJB774X 1/2 ton status

last week I welded new perches on my 14 bff at 40 1/2" center to center, info obtained from ck5, redid the ring and pinion setup. today I ripped out the old rearend, did a doit yourself shackle flip, put on my homemade zero rates. Everything came out bad a$$ until I go to bolt in the axle, the perches did not line up /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif so I measure the old rearend, 42 1/2" is what it came out to, /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif aruuggggggh!!!!!, /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif all that torching, all that grinding, spending 40 bucks for new perches, building a jig to put them on, puting 220 in the garage to weld them, all for nothing. what a way to end my day, now the blazer is stuck in the front yard on jackstands, off to the bar

2. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

that sux.time to do some 12 ounce curls to get rid of that anger.there's always tomorrow. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif