Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ASAP Blazer no start?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by blazd88, Aug 8, 2005.

1. blazd88

blazd88 1/2 ton status

So i get up today run some errands come home to get my digital camera to go download some pics. So i run inside come back out turn the key.....NOTHING. The battery is all the way up at 14 until you turn the key the it goes down to 12 which is what it has always done so the problem isnt in the column im guessing. I go back inside and get my favorite tool (hammer) and go beat on the starter and still not a peep. Everything else is coming on just no sound or anything from the starter. WTF? I would take it off and test it but im 15 miles away from my shop and have no tools at home so i was just wondering if anyone had a suggestion or the same thing happened to you. HELP i hate sitting at home.
    thnx

2. ak bandit

ak bandit 1/2 ton status

Are you sure it's all the way in park? I've done that number more than I care to admit :blush:
    Also, I had to replace my neutral safety switch a while back. Same thing happened. Put the key in, turn, and nothing...Popped in the new switch, and eureka! Just a couple suggestions...

3. blazd88

blazd88 1/2 ton status

ya i messed with the shifter but ill have to check the nuetral saftey switch.
    thanx

4. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

If I'm not mistaken, dropping voltage with the key in start means the neutral start and ignition switch are both working right, as the drop in voltage is from the load from the starter.

5. Roz

Roz 1/2 ton status

clean the terminals? i have had it happen that way. good all around till load applied.
    oh and nuetral safty switch

6. blazd88

blazd88 1/2 ton status

could it be heat soak???? after an hour or two of sitting i go back out to f with it somemore and it fires right up. damn i hate this stuff id rather something break that i could just say well its broke and now ill have to bolt another one on lol.

7. Roz

Roz 1/2 ton status

i wrapped my headder in tape, has never pooped on me yet<knock on wood> and ive been about in the hottest place on the planet doing the worst in mine.
    crawl under there with a fan :)

8. Blazer1970

Blazer1970 1/2 ton status

Yup, heat soak.

9. blazerpro79

blazerpro79 1/2 ton status

this sounds exactly like a problem i had. a wire from a fusible link was shorting out. it became a huge problem until i found it out, and then it took about 10 mins start to finish to cut, solder, and clean up. check the wire from the distributer to the fusible link on the firewall.