Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ASE Certified Jerks! *DELETED*

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by landsmasher, Jun 11, 2002.

1. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Post deleted by landsmasher

2. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

Re: ASE Certified Jerks!

that sucks man.

3. bobsurf

bobsurf 1/2 ton status

Some of us live in So Cal as well. Who was it, and where does he work? You might help to keep someone else from getting screwed. Sorry to hear about your troubles.

4. landsmasher

The name of the shop is "Murrieta Transmisions" located at 26500 Jefferson Ave. in Murrieta CA. Phone number is: (909) 696-7733. His name is Harry Smith...

How about everyone giving this idiot a call and telling him what a jerk he is. You can tell him that Larry Walsh sent you...

It will prolly be months before I can get any satisfaction from the courts and B.A.R. In the meantime I will be puting unwanted road miles on the K5 and Blazer Fest is definately out now along with all other wheeling because I can't afford a breakdown now.

5. slider

slider 1/2 ton status

Your right that does suck but saying ASE certified mechanics are all bad is stupid. Turn him into the Better Business Bureau and let them fight for you. Reporting his business to them will flag his company showing he had problems with his work. Bad mouthing everyone who is ASE certified is not the way to go. Almost every mechanic is ASE certified and I would not trust someone who is not.

6. landsmasher

ya well I have 4 ASE certified mechanics that are right here in the area and they have ALL screwed me and lied to me and were just plain incompetant. Untill I bought a late modle van with a damn computer in it I never needed a mechanic at all. And once I bought a manual I never needed them again untill the Tranny blew up.

Ya I'm turning him in! But what the heck do I do for the next few months till this gets resolved? I'll never use an ASE mechanic again. Four out of Four is pretty bad odds if you ask me.

7. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Sorry to hear about your problems.. I gave the number a call,and he wasn't there. So I left a message that say's "Your shop suck's! Beee-otch" I wonder if he'll give me a call back? /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/ooo.gif

8. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

it might be in your best intrest if you dont have people call...that is harrasment...the judge will look down on that if you are plannin on suein em.. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

9. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

I didn't mention a name, or number.

10. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

well regardless...just gives more ammo..but thats just my .02 /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

11. YtseJam

YtseJam 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    I can't trust ASE mechanics

[/ QUOTE ]

So if you will never use an ASE certified technician again what will you use? A non ASE certified tech? Granted the guys you used are jerks don't bad mouth all the rest. This guy was ASE certified but was he a master tech? Or ASE certified in Brakes. You have every right to ask for the technician performing the repairs credentials. The certificate should be placed where all customers can see it and see that they are current. And although this does not mean he is the best tech it does help reassure that he has acceptable knowledge in the areas of repair being performed. If you have a 3 year 36k warranty on the trans and it blew in that time period,&amp; he did not make note that it was in need of repair at the time of repair he is SOL. Don't be afraid to check with the BBB before having extensive repairs done either. If this guy has a rep for being a screw ball stay away. But please do not rag on those of us who strived for perfection and have gone far and above to become ASE certified MasterTechs.

12. GMMANIAC

GMMANIAC Registered Member

Being a Mercedes technician I understand your frustrations. I have been repairing cars for 15 years and I have seen quite a few things that people have got away with. I'm not ASE certified anymore, I let it expire. Through my experience I've seen alot of people who were ASE certified to mean all they were were book smart and didn't have enough common sense to properly install a belt as with a professor that was a ASE master tech who tought auto mechanics at a local college that could't figure out how to install a power steering belt on a chevy truck. As far as the @#$!% guy your dealing with I would definetly contact the Better Buisness Bureau.

13. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Almost every mechanic is ASE certified and I would not trust someone who is not.

[/ QUOTE ]

How can you say that Slider? ASE is nothing more than a test of knowledge. Bottom line. They are useless IMO. I used to work w/ a body man that was a freakin genious fixing cars, but he couldnt read. So needless to say he couldnt take the tests. I have also worked w/ guys that could do anything, except pass those damn tests. Then theres the guys that can pass the test but cant do squat hands on. Those certificates dont mean jack to me, and I have a stack of them. Yeah OK you have better odds of hitting a good tech. by them being cert. But the absolute best way to find a good shop is word of mouth.

I have taken numerous ASE, IICAR, PPG, DuPont, Sikkens, BASF, GM, and Ford tests over the years, never failed a single one. But that doesnt make me honest.

14. landsmasher

Well I just got off the phone with the B.A.R. and what they tole me was that I was screwed because they have TOO MUCH WORKLOAD and that I would prolly be better off finding another mechanic and have it rebuilt again. They also told me to find someone who would document what they think made it fail and then I MIGHT be able to sue the guy in court but that I would prolly lose.

So here's my decision. I'm going to put a BRAND NEW FACTORY transmission in it myself. Then I'm going to forget about it and NEVER EVER EVER buy another Automatic Tranny again. Only because it's the only thing I can't deal with myself. I've been working on my own cars since I was 15 and have never had a problem untill computers came into the program. Then once I found out how to deal with them I never had a problem again untill the automatic tranny blew up.

I guess I'm just going to have to grin and bear it and get on with my life... After all at least I can do all my own work on the K5 and that's what I'm going to be using for work for the next couple of months till I can get the tranny fixed. I think once it's fixed I'll sell the damn thing and buy an old BURB to work out of... /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

15. landsmasher

THANK YOU PUREINSANITY! You are the only one that got the point... The Arse Hole is not honest... He SABOTAGED MY VAN to get out of the warrantee and the towing bill... Enough said... I will get over this and then I will get my revenge on him one way or another... he ainta gonna get away with this...

I also want to thank GMMANIAC for telling it like it is. The guy that works for me pounding nails is training out of auto mechanics and into my field which is construction and loving it. He too was ASE certified and let it lapse after 6 years of not making a good living and getting all the rap and flack from the customers because his BOSS wouldn't let him do it RIGHT!.... That tells me a lot. And HE helps me on my vehicles now and HE is NOT ASE certified any more.

Anyways maybe not all ASE certified mechanics are dishonest but most of their bosses are and it makes them ALL look bad... So either no more automatics for me or trade them in before they die I guess. We sure can't count on the GVMT to help us.

By the way I really appreciate all the phone calls to this idiot from you guys. Please keep it up. Tell him he's an idiot for treating one of your brothers like this and he should change his ways or something. His name is HARRY SMITH and his phone number is...

(909) 696-7733 ... Please give him a call and tell him what you think...

Thanks,
    Larry.....

16. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Your welcome Landsmasher. LOL! I got so wound up over that forgot to add my "bummer..sorry to hear that". /forums/images/icons/blush.gif So Bummer...sorry to hear that. LOL!

Saying you cant trust a tech because he is not ASE, hits me the same way as when I read on CK5 that you should only trust orange members to buy from. /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

17. landsmasher

PS: i like your sign off message... But I also say if you push something hard enough,,,, It WILL FALL OVER!

Have a normal day...
    Larry

18. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

You may want to think about a little trailer like this to tote your tools around in if the Blazer is too small:
    [​IMG]
    I'd let you borrow it if the gas to pick it up wouldnt cost more than buying one locally!

Kenny Whitman

19. GMMANIAC

GMMANIAC Registered Member

Your welcome Landsmasher, its like I tell my customers " I may not be getting rich, but at least I can sleep at night." /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

20. landsmasher

I'm not going to waste my time suing him... The BAR told me that it was a waste of time so screw it. BUT.... I will make his life miserable.

I'm going to rent a tow truck for a day and put my van on the back and spray paint a sign on it saying "I HAD MINE FIXED HERE" and park it out front of his shop for the whole day. At least I will get some fun out of it... /forums/images/icons/smile.gif And I hope ALL of you call the idiot and tell him what you think....