Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ash Tray???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by blazen86, Nov 1, 2004.

1. blazen86

blazen86 Registered Member

Aight i need some pics or something. Since I got the 86 Blazer, the ash tray has been laying in the down position. I have the spring that I think was originaly used, but i have now idea how it goes in. If anyone has pictures or an explanation of how it works, it would be apperciated.

2. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

the spring is farkin rediculous- It sits in this wacky position. I havent bothered fixing it, I used a twist tie against the top. Very redneck.

3. blazen86

Yeah it doesnt seem to want to fit right at all i was hoping somebody new something but uhh maybe not. Guess i gotta rig it someway.

4. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

I know exactly what you're talking about, unfortunately my brain is toast right now and I'll have to help you out tomorrow when I can have a look at my ash tray. The spring does go in a rediculously weird way and it doesn't like to stay, but it works... I'm just taking my ash try out since it's about 1/4 of a pound of weight, maybe a half pound if I take out the glove box too. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I'm trying to get under or around 5,000 pounds with 44's, an Iron crash box tranny, a 205 case and 1 ton running gear. Pounds count! If nobody else can explain the spring I'll give it a shot tomorrow. Good luck though. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

5. blazen86

Thanks, doesnt look like many know /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

6. BIG B.

BIG B. Registered Member

I have the same problem with my 87. I was thinking of just getting some double sided velcro to hold it in place.

7. blazen86

that would work /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif after all thats how my gas tank door was held shut when i bought the truck. But nows when i want to make it right instead of takin the easy way out. Not to say i havent done that. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

8. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Thanks, doesnt look like many know /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely forgot to check how the spring was set up for you today. It's kind of crappy outside tonight and I've been working all day so I'll have to try to remember for tomorrow. I'm really sorry, it slipped my mind. /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif

9. CyberSniper

CyberSniper 1/2 ton status Premium Member

It's actually pretty simple if you can see the whole frame and tray. If the assembly is still in the dash it's hard to see how it works. And I can't explain it for [censored]. And I had a ash tray assembly sitting on the front porch but it got thrown in a storage bin last week. I'll see if I can find it tomorrow.

10. blazen86

Sounds sweet i was about to find the old mexican chrome. (Duct tape)

11. blazen86

I know somebody out there knows how it works I cant stand having it open all the time, especially when the rest of the dash and everything, I am redoing or have redone. Ive fought with the thing for like two hours now, and something that simple really shouldnt piss me off that much F**K**G spring

12. rescuekrawler

rescuekrawler Registered Member

patinece and needle nose pliers, I had to do it as well
    I'll post to marrow with pic,.... if I can see it under the mess which some mite call a dash!

13. blazen86

Sweet theres hope after all

14. BulldogK5

BulldogK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I can't remember how I did it, but all you need is to gewt one spring on. If memory serves I put the one on the side opposite the lighter. I will try to get more info for you later.