Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ash's Music Review of the Week

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BigOrange90Jimmy, Apr 8, 2003.

1. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Ash\'s Music Review of the Week

Johnny Cash is back! He has a new song out, "Hurt". It's good to see an ol' timer get back with it. The video is sad, but it helps make the song.

Evervescence with Paul McCoy of 12 Stones. The girl has it going on, and the vocals to keep her on top. Her lyrics make sense and keep you interested. The use of harmony makes this song even better. Paul helps bring her out by singing backup. The video is fresh. My top pick for the week, month, and year.

50 Cent. What is this boy thinking? I understand he's been in rap for a while, but to have 5 songs on the radio at one time?! In my book, that's grounds for having a short stand on top, followed by a quick plummet to the dark abyss of the minds of listeners. I feel he will be forgotten soon.

I'm not really on top of Country, so someone else can fill that in or I will try to get some up this week.

Bazaar Royale. This guy is a mix between Busta Rhymes, Sean Paul, and Ludacris. Be looking out for him.

Linkin Park. Do these guys ever stop coming out with good music? Their song "Somewhere I Belong" is great. It's been a while since they've had a new song, and this one makes up for that gap.

I'll add more as I get around to it. Let me know your opinion on this thread. I might make it a weekly or monthly deal.

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Re: Ash\'s Music Review of the Week

Do you have Linkin Park's new album, Meteora? I bought it two days after it came out, and DAMN!!

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Just alittle over 2 weeks till I see Linkin Park live in concert here in Rapid City, SD. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. BigOrange90Jimmy

Nope, I don't have it yet. As tight as money is for me right now, I'll probably never get it. As for albums, I fully push anyone to buy Papa Roach's "LoveHateTragedy" CD. IT'S THE BOMB-DINGY BABY!

5. Chris87K5

Chris87K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Johnny Cash is back! He has a new song out, "Hurt". It's good to see an ol' timer get back with it. The video is sad, but it helps make the song.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Did you know that it is actually a Nine Inch Nails cover?
    Also Godsmack's new cd is really good.

6. BigOrange90Jimmy

Nope, sure didn't know that. Now that I think about it, I do remember NIN doing a song with those lyrics.

I haven't had a chance to preview Godsmack's new one, but all I'm hearing is good. It's about time too. Hopefully they won't sell out to the Navy and movie soundtracks with this album...

7. RatMan

RatMan 1/2 ton status

i think all the songs on johnny cash's new album are covers. he does a pretty good version of 'danny boy' on it, and a really bad version of 'desperado'. just thought i'd throw it out there. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. bad andy

bad andy 1/2 ton status

evanescence? is that wat u meant? if so then yea they r a great band i really dig bring me to life. as for 50 cent, you are absolutely correct he should end his career now, i can't stand him. i'm into underground hip-hop, the stuff with lyrics that actually make a point, some of my favorite hip hoppers are Slug, Living Legends, Deltron 3030, i doubt any of u guys have heard of them but ur into that kinda music check em out. getting long time to stop talkin

9. BigOrange90Jimmy

Damn! I just now realized what I wrote up there. I wasn't referring to some denture cleaning products. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Thanks for the correction bud!

10. bad andy

bad andy 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif... its all good we all make mistakes!

11. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

linkin what???oh the reason im not going to a metellica concert this year oh yea thanx alot boys. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

12. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

johnny is also dead /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

second the evanescence and linkin park /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

johnny cash died?????????

14. Chris87K5

Chris87K5 1/2 ton status

If you guys like Evanescense, you should definately check out Lacuna Coil. They are heavier than Evan' but have about the same sound except they have a male and femal vocalist. I like Evanescense, but I like Lacuna Coil better. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    linkin what???oh the reason im not going to a metellica concert this year oh yea thanx alot boys. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Metallica (amazing, you're such a fan you can't even spell the name of the band correctly) blows anyway. They really went down in the '90s, and after what they did to Napster, screw them. I hope I never see Metallica make a dime in the music business again.

16. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

you act like linkin park wouldnt have signed up for the same deal to stop napster.Making music is about money.GET OVER IT!!!No rockstar will say different without being a liar.Playing the music is your hobby but everyone wants to get paid for there hobby.Wouldnt you like to get paid for wheeling???If someone was taking away some of your wheeling money you wouldnt fight to stop them???BS!!!!!!I burn cds all the time....still!!Didnt need napster to do that.I like their music.In your opinion they declined in the nineties....I agree.But not everyone can paint the mona lisa everytime.AND havnt you heard of typos???Isnt that allowed in the computer world????