Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

asked this once kinda got mixed results

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by LKJR, Feb 25, 2002.

1. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

I need to replace a lot of sheetmetal in the pass side cab floor, (it's already cut out just have to put in the new panels) But here is my question and delema. When I got it the pass door was a tad bit low but it shut, took the top off last summer and to door dropped like 3/4" or so, you had to pick it up hard and shut it. I took the tranny and tcase out and the top is back on, well with the top back on and those out the doors line up like a dream. not sure of the condition of the body mounts, I'm sure they are not in the best of shape but I do plan on replaceing those and adding a 2" body lift. Any advice on the order of operations here?
    I"d like to put the tranny / tcase back in first so I can move it to a shop to do this work.
    floor panels / rocker panels / cab supports
    Body mounts / body lift

I don't plan on sepperating the top or the front clip when I do this, I should be fine right?

Like em big and topless
    You call THAT...a 4x4....LMAO?

2. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

My take on this is I'd put the running gear back in, then do the body mounts, then do the floors.