Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Asking permission from Colorado K5

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Cliffy, Apr 24, 2001.

1. Cliffy

Cliffy Registered Member

Attn K5 Web site Rulers.

I have the Machine, Materials, and time to create my own "Colorado K5" window stickers and was wondering if you all would mind terribly if I made my own instead of having you send me one. If you don't want me to just say so.

Coil sprung 71 blazer.

2. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Go for it, the more advertising the better, the only thing I ask is that you dont start selling them.

Steve
    [​IMG]
    Mall-Running poseur 4x4 with curb-feelers

3. freeforever

freeforever 1/2 ton status

I was also thinking of making my own and giving them away to beefed blazers around town......I can make them and get them for free so I wont be making money....?

---------------
    "A closed mouth gathers no foot."

4. 87chvy4x4

87chvy4x4 Registered Member

if your giving them away free ill take one

RiVeR CiTy OfFrOaD

5. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

No weezing on Steves gig, let dude make a couple bucks its not like he's charging a fortune. Besides if you get them from the master then they're the real deal. P.S. Hey Steve I think I should get one free for this. LOL

6. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

Just buy the d@mn thing. Think of it as paying Steve back for providing this awsome forum where you have unlimited amounts of info! [​IMG]
    I'm gonna get one soon [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://k5chevyblazer.homestead.com/home.html>http://k5chevyblazer.homestead.com/home.html</A>

7. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

This is IMO... Stop being a Cheapo, no offense and all, but the point is both to support the site and advertise it. These stickers cost next to nothing...$4 for the small ones and $8 for the large windshield one. Come on this is shipping included and the ones I just got from Steve got here so quick I almost died. Thanks Steve. But back to it, I'd hate to think of the costs of running ColoK5 and it is free to join. Plus I guess if you wanted one in a custom size or something I guess I'd really not have a problem, but keep it to yourself... don't sell them and don't give them away... make yours and lose the mold kind deal. Sorry to vent, but you shell out mucho denerio for your truck and I think everyone has learned at least a few things from this board that has no doubt saved them many dollars... Suck it up and spend the 8 bucks IMO.

[​IMG]
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI

8. backlash

backlash 1/2 ton status

Hey Cap,

Think we have a new spokesperson!

CAN I HAVE AN AMEN!

Couldn't have said it better myself!

9. californiak5

californiak5 1/2 ton status

Pretty much what I was thinking, CaptCrunch just put it in words. Good job Capt.

See Ya,
    Keith

[​IMG] <font color=green>Born to Drive My K5</font color=green> [​IMG]

10. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Amen and halleluja brother capt. . Praise, Steve K5 lord almighty, Blessed be the one to lead us from the evil ways of the dark J@@p devil!!!!!!

11. Waxer

Waxer 1/2 ton status Author

I'd say let him make his own. Steve is being reimbursed by extra advertising. Advertising isnt cheap ya know. So let them make a gazillion more stickers and let the world see em. Steve will be paid in website hits and companies seeing those large hits will pay Steve to advertise on ck5.com. So the more the merrier I say.

12. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

To set the record straight, advertising is cheap, for every new advertiser there is a billion new sites, anyone in this line of work will know what I'm talking about, it really doesn't pay unless you are really lucky (supply and demand kind of thing). I don't mind if people want to make there own stickers, just don't go to crazy - OK.

By the way, the new CK5 logo is finished and I am currently waiting for a sample t-shirt to arrive at which time I will unvail to the world the new logo. I wanted to get the t-shirts done first, after that maybe stickers or caps will come next, after the t-shirts/stickers/caps are in place then I will look at just about anything, like mugs, keychains, mouse pads you get the idea. Soon CK5 users will have access to an entire line of active wear. [​IMG]

Steve
    [​IMG]
    Mall-Running poseur 4x4 with curb-feelers

13. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

I can see it now . . . ck5 boxers, socks, short, shirts, hats and shoes! haha! And a CK5 Tattoo, lol!

- SlyDog [​IMG]

14. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Hey Steve thanks for my sticker so quick! I was blown away at the turn around time! You guys just buy the stickers from him. It's a small payback for him up keeping the site. If you make them then you might be tempted to sell them. I think free advertising is great. But I totally agree with Capt. Just buy one and don't be cheap! Afterall you'll learn a ton from the site and the small fee you pay for the stickers is a bargain compared to the cost of a class to learn what you do for free on here!

"Suck Fumes Ford Boy"
    "I love my country, I fear my government"
    "What if the hokey pokey is what it's all about?"

15. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Active wear huh hmmmm, uniforms and beer helmets YEEEHAAA

16. muddin4fun

How about CK5 soft tops and spare tire covers! I wanna tee-shirt! What's it say?

[​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://k5chevyblazer.homestead.com/home.html>http://k5chevyblazer.homestead.com/home.html</A>

17. muddin4fun

Hey Cliffy:
    I know it seems a lot of people have jumped on you....no hard feelings....at least you asked! Not many people would ask...they would just make them and sell them, so thanks for being a good guy!

[​IMG]

18. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

The only reason I'd make my own is (unless Steve has already done this) is to make it able to stick from the inside of the window so it doesnt get scratched off or something. But I'd send him 8 bucks anyways for the site [​IMG] lol!

- SlyDog [​IMG]<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by SlyDog on 04/24/01 01:31 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

19. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

This subject is kinda like the whole Napster stealing music thing. [​IMG]

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://community.webshots.com/user/vwryda>http://community.webshots.com/user/vwryda</A>

20. freeforever

freeforever 1/2 ton status

sorry people....$hit i was only gonna give like 3 people a sticker..a little one...hell not like I was gonna freekin mass produce them and sell them On Fox and have a feature on CNN or any thing......$hit.....

---------------
    "A closed mouth gathers no foot."