Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ASnyone subframed front to covert to 2WD???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Tommy, Nov 23, 2000.

1. Tommy

Tommy 1/2 ton status

I just wondered, I'm kinda tired of the big 4x4 thing, have acces to a free 2nd gen camaro front subframe. Anyone done this? I don't want to scrape the reflectors off the road, but will it be too low???? I was thinking set it down and put some 18"-20" wheels.

Drive it Like You Hate It!

2. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

I'm sure more radical things have been done......I would try swappin' in a 2wd PU crossmember and assorted parts then lower that. I think the general consensus is to sell the 4wd and buy a 2wd, but it's not always that easy. I say where there's a will (and $$$$) there's a way! Good luck!

Michael[​IMG][​IMG]

3. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

You wanna make your 4x4 into a 4X2? Wierder things have happened, but usually behind closed doors.
    You could take off the front diveshaft, remoce the tcase shifter, cover the shifter hole, and you'd have a 2wd. You could even remove your manual hubs and put some direct drive hubs like on the NP203's. If you lowered your truck enough (spring under with stock, or maybe 2" lift springs) nobody could tell, unless the winch bumper gave it away ;)
    -- Mike

4. militaryblazer

militaryblazer 1/2 ton status

You 4x4 killer!!! No just kidding! Everybody has there own plans for their K5's.

<font color=orange>'86 Military Blazer with 4" Lift & 33" Tires</font color=orange>[​IMG]