Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Assault Weapons Ban

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BlazerGuy, May 12, 2004.

1. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I found this on CNN.
    Poll

It's just a poll on what people think should happen with the Brady Bill, and the good guys are losing.... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

2. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Another Democratic representative, Carolyn McCarthy of New York's Long Island, urged people to volunteer to spread the word about the expiring assault weapons ban. McCarthy's husband was among six people killed and her son was one of 19 wounded in a 1993 shooting spree aboard a Long Island Rail Road commuter train.

"We don't want to come back here on Mother's Day again. We want to be with our families and loved ones," McCarthy said. "Let's do it. Let's make it permanent."

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry guys. I just want you to know I did not vote for her. I think her husband and son would be fine today if someone were legally carrying a handgun on that train and could've taken down the shooter. BTW, he was able to empty one clip, stop firing, reload, and fire I think 8 more rounds before someone tackled him. I think she's going the wrong way for her justice. It's ludicrous to be disarming us. If anything, educate more people in awareness and that crime really does happen, instead of putting us out to passive sheep grazing while removing defenses.

I'll send her another letter.

3. Highjaxx

Highjaxx 1/2 ton status

Guess I need to go buy that AK-47 I want before they ban them.

4. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Well, this ban is already in place. It's only good for 10 years though so now it's up for a vote again. If you have been over to Saxet(3rd weekend of every month at the Crockett Center) then you know this ban really does nothing. But it's still not good to have it in place since the liberals will use it as a stepping stone towards disarming the public.

5. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I really don't like the fact you can take the same rifle, add a grip and stock, and that rifle is now illegal, what the [darn]?

6. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

OK first off this idiot:

"I don't believe assault weapons belong on our streets. If people want to play with such tools, they should join the military," said Wilcox, who came from Nevada County, California, with his wife, Amanda, for the second "Million Mom March."

So now they're tools? Tools by definition have a purpose and function, this is contrary to most gun-grabbing propaganda. "Guns have no use in society, etc."
    Besides it's already almost impossible to get many types of guns in CA., let him stay in Cali and leave MY gun laws alone.

And, according to the good old NRA, it IS likely that this bill will NOT be renewed. (http://www.nraila.org/)

This site is kind of interesting:

http://www.clintongunban.com/

7. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

When's the last time youplayed with a tool?

And didn;t the million mom march try and gather somehwere and draw about four people?

8. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    When's the last time youplayed with a tool?

And didn;t the million mom march try and gather somehwere and draw about four people?

[/ QUOTE ]

2,000 moms, but that's still about 998,000 short.
    False advertisers. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Oh, and I play with my tool all the time.

9. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I live in western South Dakota where the are more registered hand gund then people. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif I have no doubt in my mind that any gun banning laws wouldn't pass around here !!!! /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

10. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

jekbrowns 10 reasons why this ban is stupid and needs to expire...

1. criminals don't give a chit about gun laws.

2. "assault" or "military" weapons are actually the only ones protected by the 2nd ammendment... all others used for hunting/target shooting etc are not really relevant with respect to the constitution. Forget which supreme court ruling it was, but they have already said that the 2nd Ammendment covers weapons appropriate for military use by the people (aka militia).

3. If gun control worked, why are LA, NYC, Detroit, Washington DC etc, which have draconian gun laws, the ones with the most gun crime?

4. If a MP5, AR15, hi-cap Glock and shot barreled 12ga are great for cops to defend themselves, their partners and other innocent people, why aren't they great for law abiding Americans to defend themselves, their family and other innocent people?

5. where concealed carry is legal, violent crime is lower.

6. In Israel you'll note that terrorists dont go on "shooting sprees" to kill a bunch of people. This is because the citizenry is ARMED and they'd just get shot. One time 3 guys with full auto AK47 rifles whipped em out in a crowded town square and started shooting. Two of them were shot/killed, the other shot and wounded. They wounded a few, but didnt kill a single Israeli. Compare/contrast that with the stories of crazed americans going on shooting sprees and tell me again why disarming the innocent is such a great idea.

7. Ask Freud, fear of weapons is a sign of sexual retardation.

8. 40,000 people die in car wrecks every year, and thats a sad thing, but no one is calling for a ban of them... and they arent even consitutionally protected.

9. "assault weapons" listed in the ban are used in hardly any crimes. If you wanted to ban the gun used by criminals most, start with the S&W 38 snubby and work your way from there. Machine guns and true assault weapons kill less americans each year than slipping in the shower does... quick, ban the shower!

10. It was a million moms that elected Bill Klinton, why the [darn] would you listen to ANYTHING they have to say? In the immortal words of some beer-bellied guy wearing a wife-beater tank top, "go iron my shirt bitch!".

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

j

11. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

it's like this chick here in SLC who accidently got shot with paint ball gun, now she is rallying support to ban paint ball guns, WTF. Lets see if I can say this any clearer; GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE, PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE!!!!!!!!
    If you disarm society, the only people who will have them, is criminals. don't believe me? look up crime statistics in new zealand, where privatly owned guns have been outlawed. crimes against persons has gone off the charts, and to make it worse, stupid politicians can't figure out whats happening. One last statement, You can have my gun, when you pry it from my cold dead fingers. You better be wearing an M1-abrahms tank if you break in at my place. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

12. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

Quote ;where concealed carry is legal, violent crime is lower. living proof right here, my neighborhood sucks, little gang bangers causing trouble all over the place around here, I carry my pistol out now and again to go shootin' down at the range. everybody see's it, they know theredneck lives here. nobody messes with my stuff.( lets see how many libs this causes too scream at me)

13. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Quote ;where concealed carry is legal, violent crime is lower. living proof right here, my neighborhood sucks, little gang bangers causing trouble all over the place around here, I carry my pistol out now and again to go shootin' down at the range. everybody see's it, they know theredneck lives here. nobody messes with my stuff.( lets see how many libs this causes too scream at me)

[/ QUOTE ]

I've only visited SLC a few times, are there really gang bangers there? Or were they "whiggers"? It didn't seem like it, seemed like a really clean friendly city, but I only saw part of the city.

Anyway, there is nothing wrong with walking out of your house with your gun and having neighbors see it. It reinforces to semi-libs that gun owners are not all crazed postal workers, drug dealers or compound buildin' militiamen. Normal hard-working honest guys like guns too. (that's what makes 'em normal) /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Luckily where I live most of my neighbors will walk up and say: "Nice rifle, can I take look?" "Let's go shoot next weekend"

14. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I don't think it's going to get passed again anyway.....

15. bigcountryk5

bigcountryk5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE, I KILL PEOPLE WHO TRY AND TAKE MY GUNS!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

there fixed it for ya /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

16. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

I'd add my $0.02, but I'd be preaching to the choir .. /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

Mike
    Life Member NRA
    Louisville, KY 2008 Annual NRA Meeting

17. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I found this on CNN.

[/ QUOTE ]
    ... by the way - what the heck are you doing on CNN ??? /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif You need to get your REAL news from FOX !! /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

18. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I have to go to the darkside every now and then to see what the opposition is up too... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

19. SS66

SS66 1/2 ton status

Newsmax.com is a decent Conservative news source.

20. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Re: Assault Weapons Ban *DELETED*

Post deleted by 1-ton