Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

At a crossroad...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 79k20350, Oct 5, 2006.

1. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

So im sure most all of you have been at a point like i am about to enter... Altough things in my life are going well i know they are going to be changing soon.

At the moment im 19, live at home, have a very well paying full time job, and more projects i can count. Between motocross, my project truck, my jeep (which is my dd but falls apart fast enough to be considered another project:rolleyes:) and wanting to buy a new vechicle within the next year or two, and a house within the next 5 i really got my hands full. (not to mention the girlfriend that live in another state...:rolleyes:)

So basicly i know what i want and know what im not going to give up...The truck project seems to land at the bottom of the list everytime. Its not a practical vechicle i can use, and wont ever gain me anything. (investment wise...) I absolutley dont want to give this project up but im definetly getting overwhelmed... Bike car, insurance etc.etc. payments add up quick. Its going to take alot of time and money to finish that i can prolly swing but at the sacrifice to other things...

Now ive just started thinking about giving it up but havent made a decision yet. im just mulling it over. Even after parting it out (altough id put a good chunk of change in my pocket) im sure id wind up way behind.

So its dump more money into so i can finish it. Part it out and recoup what i can (and pay off some nagging bills...) Try to sell it as a rolling project now that its on four wheels...or part it.

Idk what i really want to do. I guess im asking for a little advise, and just trying to vent some. I really dont want to give this up. after getting rid of the 79 i now have big regrets.:doah: i coulda been wheeling that thing already exactly the way i wanted it...now i just jumped into another project. :crazy:

But thats another thing. Working on it give me something to do. I i really enjoy it. I love welding/ fabricating/ wrenching. in the moment im in chaos and going nuts but the sence of accomplishment is so worth it. Idk...

Thoughts and opinions are welcome... im just going nuts:rolleyes:

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I didn't read any of that other mumbo jumbo you wrote , but at a crossroad never take the right path and never go straight. Take a left, it seems to have panned out pretty well for me...:haha: :haha: :haha: :doah: :p:

3. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

Heres the crossroads now for you...Ill spell it out

Fumes enters a serious thread...

Fumes cracks a joke while offering no advise...

Original poster has a sence of humor but not in mood...

Heres your choices...

1. Shut up and help...

2. Keep talking and get an internet beat down...

3. Exit stage quietly...

Which way is left????:rolleyes::haha::haha::p:

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

If you enjoy it you'll regret getting rid of it. You're overwhelmed because you have too much going on at the same time. Put a few things on the backburner and concentrate on one until it's done. Starting many different projects without finishing any is a great way to get none done and sell some good stuff out of frustration.

If the Jeep is that much a PITA get rid of it. Not having to constantly fix it will leave you more time and money for the other stuff you actually like.

Rene

5. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

I would but get rid of it in a heart beat. unfortunatley i still owe quite a bit on it. Its a 1990 but it only had 30,000 miles on it when i bought oct of last year... (68,000 now:eek1:)

I know ill regret it if i do, but its almost impossible to focus on one thing. I need the jeep to get to work.

I wont give up motocross...

And the bills dont stop:rolleyes:

6. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

so basically, you've already got your heart set on getting rid of the truck. let me tell you, selling off a major project like that sucks. not only do you miss it, but sometimes you get to watch someone else jerry rig it, and destroy all of your hard work in 4 trail runs... keep it, and finish it.

7. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

It may sound like i do have my heart set on getting rid of it, but 10 minutes later ill decide to keep it...then 10 minutes later, well i guess you get the idea.

Altough it would be an awsome project im just not sure i can justify it. If you can me unlimited parts (or money) i dont know if id ever wheel...id build all the freakin time. thats the best part:D

8. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Ooooh way to state the obvious...Lemme go outta on a limb here and quote Mick....

"Uh-huh, This town's full of money grabbers
    Go ahead
    Bite the Big Apple, don't mind the maggots, huh
    ShaNo0bie, My brain's been battered
    My friends they come around they
    Flatter, flatter, flatter, flatter, flatter, flatter, flatter
    Pile it up, pile it high on the platter."

Maybe that'll help.:p:
    You want advise??? I'm the smart ass that keeps it at the top...:D ;)

9. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Get rid of the motocross stuff. Talk about a waste of money.

10. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

Leave it to you to bring a big freakin smile to my face...:D

You can stay, just try not to scare evryone else away:rolleyes::haha:

11. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

your almost right... i earn contingency through honda for racing so its not as bad as it is for some.. it still adds up quick. No way im giving it up though. Im 1st in points for two classes with 3 races to go:saweet:

12. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Trust me on the Jeep...ours was a bottomless pit and no fun at all. At least the truck is fun. I won't comment on the motocross, all i know is it is a very spendy hobby if you want to be competitive.

I like the build part as much as wheelin it too...maybe more.

Rene

13. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

unless i can find a dealership willing to take it in as a trade im sol... i dont have the title (its in the hands of the lein holder) and theres no way i can sell it for what i owe on it.

14. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

This is another thing... To really finish the truck i need to buy a welder, bender and upgrade electrical service at my house... I can find an electrician to do it prolly for cheap but were still talking 1500-2000 for just the means to build the thing. Granted they could be used for other projects... so its not liek its all for this.

15. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Just think some day You can tell Your grandkids why it is You cant walk cause of the beating your body took from motocross..........

16. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

:haha: :haha: :haha: He's 19, that did'nt even come close to clipping the top of his head,At 23 he'll be forced to sell the bike stuff anf get a walker....:D

17. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

Its easy to stand on the outside and look in see no reason to put yourself at that type of risk. I know the risks all to well, the guy that taught me to ride...Basicly my big brother broke his back this april. He'd get back on a bike in a second if he could.

The risks are there but the feeling of riding a bike is unparalled. The expierience is incredible...I couldnt imagine not riding. Its more than a sport. Idk how to describe it really. Those who ride (and are good at it) know what i mean. Hitting a turn with your handlebars dragging on the ground...Getting the holeshot in a gate full of 40 other guys... coming from dead last to the front of the pack...passing 2-3 people n the same turn...the feeling of a big jump or a long section of whoops... Its like nothing else.

18. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

Funny you say that. When i first started riding i was in a buddys backyard and got clotheslined off the bike...i ran right through the dogs area and his run took me right off the bike at the neck... Its a damn good thing i was going slow:crazy:

19. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

I'd off the Jeep. With your knowledge you should be able to find something that will need less attention than the Jeep's payments and repairs.

Scale back on the MX next season. It'll cut down on your bills total.

If you can park the truck somewhere for a while, do it. How long you let it sit ignored will determine just how into it you really are.

20. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Look, me and Corey are close to the same age and I'll tell ya when/if you make it this far and have done things to push the envelope on a daily basis, you will regret it. But you're not going to listen, it's in your nature and age to not listen. there is no crossroad just a big fork in the road with infinate tines.Some people hit this fork head on and pay for it with a pound of flesh, others slow down and yield. You're not at a yielding spot in your life right now...Carry on No0blestrom...:D :haha: :bow: :wink1: