Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

At a loss for words...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Polaris, Jun 5, 2004.

1. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

Look what was dropped off here today. A 1973 Blazer /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif. I've wanted one for SO long, but this one is well.... just look for yourselves.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

2. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

looks- well, like a 73 Blazer... that has lived its entire life in the rust belt. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif look at it this way, you've got more 73 Blazer than you started with.

3. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

Good thing it didn't get dropped to hard /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif It may have come apart /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

4. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif That's alot of rust /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

5. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

looks like something JJlaughner would bring home /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

6. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Time to cut off the windshield frame, take the door and bed cut/cap pieces, and *make* a full top from a later more complete body... No way would I try to fix that...

7. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

HOLY CRAP!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif What is that brownish reddish stuff eating that blazer? Here in California I don't see much of that weird unfamiliar stuff. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

8. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    looks like something JJlaughner would bring home

[/ QUOTE ]
    i was thinking the same thing.

that is alot of rust though. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

9. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

I see a future truggy /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

10. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

A little bondo and a spray bomb could turn that into a cruiser! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif Naw, that one's pretty much just an organ donor. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

I used to see GM trucks that looked like that quite frequently when I lived in Massachusetts. They were typically sentenced to snow plow duty once they got that bad. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

11. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I see a blazer just like that near my sisters house in lunenburg--been sitting forever,its even the same color.It has a plow frame,but I havrnt seen it move for at least 15 years--every time I go buy I think"I'll offer them 50 bucks for it"--but it would probably break into several peices if you went to move it!Probably has a 205 transfer case in it though.Too bad every old truck here in mass has the same fate in a short time--especially if its been used to plow. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

12. angrysnowplow

angrysnowplow 1/2 ton status

I wish I could say I haven't seen one like that before /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
    And diesel4me,
    Small world! I'm in Townsend, think I've seen that truck somewhere.
    Have you seen the green full-topper at the Citgo station near Sky Cycle? Same thing /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

13. scoutillac

scoutillac 1/2 ton status

Narrow the front. Cage the rest. TRUGGY all the way!! /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif

14. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

A little POR-15 some fiberglass and some Krylon and it will be god as new /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif

15. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

I CAN FIX THAT /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

Maybe 4 sheets of diamond plate on that one
    /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

16. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif

17. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Yup,I saw the green one near Sky Cycle too,on the way to Greed-Mart!.The rusty yellow one is on summer st,near Miller paving,going towards King's corner in leominster.
    Went to pick up my sister today,noticed that Dufour's junkyard in lancaster is GONE! /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif--I guess its an auto auction now,he had a lot of good vintage stuff there,cant beleive its all gone,and that huge flea market next door,wow--!.I'm originally from fitchburg ma,not far from willard brook in your town!. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gifMy hometown sure has changed alot,as has raynham,and not for the better either,I'm afraid! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

18. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    i was thinking the same thing.

that is alot of rust though. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]yeah, almost as bad as my bed floor. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif as long as i keep the bedmat in there, its plenty solid to use though, the floor supports are fine, its just that the floor panel itself looks like swiss cheese in places. the frame alone is worth what i paid for it, so i cant complain too much.

19. SCJimmy

SCJimmy 1/2 ton status

Well, you'll only have to trim the front fenders to run 35's and no lift... /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

20. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Time to cut off the windshield frame, take the door and bed cut/cap pieces, and *make* a full top from a later more complete body... No way would I try to fix that...

[/ QUOTE ]

That's pretty much what I want to do. The only thing that holds me back is concern over getting the windshield frame grafted in exactly right. I have a windshield frame & top from a 1975 already. Depending on how long I'm stuck here at the computer, I might just go see if that 307 runs. I'm told it may just need a starter. Curious, anyhow... and I want to find out what gears, etc, in the axles. I got it in exchange for website work, so I'm not out anything either way! If nothing else, it's a good conversation piece /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif