Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ATF guinea pig reporting in...........

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Can Can, Mar 12, 2000.

1. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Well, I broke down and tried the ATF in the PCV valve trick we've talked about so much lately and the following results were achieved:

1. Not a speck of anything came out the exhaust. I guess maybe my motor wasn't as carboned up as I thought.

2. The motor DID run noticeably smoother after the procedure. I even had to adjust my idle a bit to compensate.

So...............As long as no harm was done(and it doesn't appear there was), I would say it was a success.

2. White Knight

White Knight 1/2 ton status

I remember my Dad doing that same trick on a Old Pontiac, its a very old trick, and it works too...WK

3. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

Actually you won't see anything. When the cool atf hits the carbon it kinda makes micro mince meat of it. The particles are so small and with the smoke you would not see anything anyway.[​IMG]

<font color=green>Eagle86K5[​IMG]

<font color=red>Only guy I know that can get out of line in a one car funeral

4. And you'd be the one to ask about old tricks !!![​IMG]Heard you're having a B-day here soon !!

<font color=red>BigBurb<font color=red>[​IMG][​IMG]

5. Mr Red

Mr Red 1/2 ton status

Sorry, it all still sounds hoaky to me!

<font color=red>David, '86 K5</font color=red>

6. BlazerBoy

BlazerBoy 1/2 ton status

How much Fluid did you put in the pvc tube? I am going to try this, if something bad happens then it is just an excuse to rebuild the engine... oh yeah baby..

7. BlazerBoy

BlazerBoy 1/2 ton status

How much Fluid did you put in the pvc tube? I am going to try this, if something bad happens then it is just an excuse to rebuild the engine... oh yeah baby..

8. MICHIGAN BLAZER

MICHIGAN BLAZER 1/2 ton status

i tried said atf thingy as well....after all the hype i couldn't help it. Nothing came out of my exhaust either and it didn't run noticable smoother either....i think it's a little quieter though....maybe its just my imagination though....anywho didn't seem to harm anything...anybody else got any more "snake oil" ideas to try...always looking for a good miracle cure all...lol

<font color=red>MICHIGAN BLAZER
    <font color=green>89 Fullsize Blazer
    87 Cherokee
    65 IH Scout

9. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

I put about a half of a coffee cups worth...........bumped up the idle, and let her suck it in as fast as she could without stalling. I cooled the fluid down too. Someone said that was important.

10. White Knight

White Knight 1/2 ton status

Okay Big Burb I know my spout spilled the beans and sold me out to everyone, I'm gonna be forty-%$%#$^^$#^(*^$#@@$!$#^& years old dude..>WK

11. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    I tried it and noticed a little quicker start ups, smoother idle and a touch better acceleration. Nothing out of the exhaust. We used to do the add a qt of atf right before an oil change trick on used cars we bought.