Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

atlas springs.....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 85burbanator, Jun 5, 2003.

1. 85burbanator

85burbanator 1/2 ton status

does anybody use them here. i might be getting some for my truck but i was wondering if anybody here had some or heard of anybody who has them on an older gmc/chevy fullsize. thanx in advanse for an info you guys/gals could give me.
    mike

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Never heard of them. Got a website so we can check out specs and all that fun stuff?

3. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I've never heard of Atlas springs either. You don't mean Alcan do you? </font>

4. 85burbanator

85burbanator 1/2 ton status

no its atlas. aperantly its a fairly new company and they dont have a web site up yet. im not sure when they will. ive heard from people they make a pretty good spring. i also thought more people have heard of them, oh well, now you have /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

I've heard of them. Two guys here run them...one a Super Duty on 12" Atlas Springs, the other 14" springs on a 78 Suburban. Both are happy with them .
    The guy with the Super Duty was gonna go National, but they wanted $3300 for a set of four springs and a 3 month wait. Atlas charged him $1300 for the set of four and got them in a couple weeks/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
    Oh yeah, and there is one other guy I talked to who runs them and said he is very pleased with them! Hope that helps.
    My buddy is supposed to call me with their phone number and I'll post it when I get it...

I've also heard great things about Alcan Spring in Colorado (1-888-321-0870) and Deaver Spring is supposed to be good to (1-714-542-3703)

Anyone else here anything good or bad about any of these companies??

6. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

So Atlas builds custom springs or just the normal off the shelf packs?

I just ordered my new rears from Alcan, custom made 9 leaf 63" rears with 4" lift built in. They are very very nice /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif Good deal at 280 each too /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

7. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

Yup custom leafs. Sounds like you got some SWEET springs!!

8. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

Ok, got their number 1-626-333-7373 and they have been building custom springs for about 12 years now /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Deaver Spring is supposed to be good to (1-714-542-3703)

[/ QUOTE ]

Deaver rocks. I talk to one of the shop guys every so often and I've learnt a lot about spring tech. The majority of their business comes from the dez crowd, but they have ventured off and have done some rock setups.

Some of the things that I've heard about Deaver compared to "other" companies is that the springs are done a lot quicker and the customer service is "there," the spring packs are laster a lot longer than other "companies" and I have yet to hear a foul word about them.

By the way, that white Dodge that I posted the pic not too long ago just slapped some Deaver springs in the rear and they are pulling 19" of travel now. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif