Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ATRON/AZKICKIN Hose Kit

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by CHEVY 4WD, Jun 6, 2003.

1. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

I was wondering how do you hook up the hose kit? Does it take the place of the stock hard lines (that go on the axle) and it fit to the rubber bake line? If so does it give you any help with to short of brake lines(like if you have a small lift)

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

[​IMG]
    Hose kit goes from the caliper to a aluminum bracket that is mounted to the bracket, then the hard line plugs into that.

3. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

Wouldent it be easer to just eleminate the hard like on the axle? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Ummm, what are you talking about....i'm still running hard line from flex hose to flex hose along the axle tube.

5. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

Ok you got ur rear brake likes (rubber) that drop down from the frame then it go to hard line that runs down the axle tubs then with the atron hose kit it goes to another rubber hose and into the calliper what im saying is why dont you just go right from the brake like(that drops down from the frame) and go right to your callipers and though away the hard line that runs down the axle tubes?

6. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

I suppose you could do that /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

7. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I suppose you could do that /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

[/ QUOTE ]If you want to split the lines on the frame, run new ones, and run long flex lines down to the wheels. Seems like a lot of headaches and work for absolutely no gain in performance.

8. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

[ QUOTE ]
    Ok you got ur rear brake likes (rubber) that drop down from the frame then it go to hard line that runs down the axle tubs then with the atron hose kit it goes to another rubber hose and into the calliper what im saying is why dont you just go right from the brake like(that drops down from the frame) and go right to your callipers and though away the hard line that runs down the axle tubes?

[/ QUOTE ]

You could do that but the point was to make it a little more easy. The hard line is already there why not use it? It's a bolt on. Pull the backing plate. Rebend the last 4 inches ofexisting line and stick it into the hose end fitting. Thats the easiest way I figured out I could do it when I did the review.

A-Tron/ AZ kickin ran with it to make it easy on everybody gathered the parts and sold it as a kit. One stop shopping and you don't have to figure out part numbers, order them, wait for your local store to get them etc. The price is fair and saves you all the leg work. Also most trucks have more rear wheel travel then front so your going to have to get lines that are about 28 inches long to go from the frame to the wheel. The pumpkin pretty well never has that much travel so the stock line usualy works or ometimes you can make a extension to raise the T up a few inches. I also found a 14 inch line that's a plug and play so you can make a 28 inch line with all DOT approved parts at the pumpkin but it has a 6 inch section of had line in the middle. It has to be suported by a bungee. I didn't cover that in the write up because it wasn't relevent to the disc brake kit.