Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ATS transmissions? Opinions?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 79Beast, Sep 22, 2006.

1. 79Beast

79Beast 1/2 ton status

Dec 9, 2001
    I'm considering buying an ATS transmission/ torque converter/ commander control setup. Who's had experience with them? Was it good or bad? Who knows anything about their products?
  2. quicker

quicker 1/2 ton status

Jul 12, 2006
    ATS transmission another “good” shop online with a million gimmicks. These online shops sell gimmicks and it drives me nuts. The raptor lame a.. t shirts.. the try hard “eat my shift” jasper built mass produced special with another t shirt and a decal… Sorry for the rant but any good local shop can make you happy without the shipping cost.

Do your homework and as long as you are not bringing them gm’s new 6 speed they will make it right.

There are a few online shops that are realistic and don’t sell you hype but they don’t tend to be as easy to find as the crappy ones.

My personal finds were “mikes”, here on the west coast and Bulletproof also in California. Bulletproof was the most acomidating but they were mostly a builder for local speedshops and racers.

In PA I found Dans driveline.

Do your home work and look for local shops that are run by transmission builders not advertising Guru’s.

I have no affiliation with any of the shops mentioned but I have bought from all but one and a friend bought from the one I did not.

Call and talk on the phone with the company. Good shops let you know what you really need VS what is being advertised.

ATS Sells good stuff but again its not earth shattering or really unattainable at a good local performance oriented Trans shop.

Just my 2 cents. Ok ok maybe 2 bucks :crazy:
  3. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Aug 28, 2002
    ATS out of Colorado? I take it this is an electronic diesel trans you are refering too? As I am not aware they build older gas version trans.

They make good stuff, but you can find the same quality for a better price. Their pretty beefy 47RE's are around $7-8K