Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ATS Turbo System Any Good?

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by BigBad75K5, Jun 4, 2002.

1. BigBad75K5

BigBad75K5 1/2 ton status

I found a complete used ATS add on turbo system for $650.
    Is this a good deal?? Its off a 89 Sub 6.2, everything is there but the crossover pipe.

2. arveetek

arveetek 1/2 ton status

Not bad. I see these kind of systems sell for $500 to $700 typically. I've even seen them sell for as low as $300.

I would offer less since it's missing the crossover pipe. Why is it gone?

You may have a hard time locating a direct-fit crossover pipe, since ATS no longer makes 6.2L turbo systems. You can always make one, though.

Just for comparison, a new Banks system runs about $1800.

Casey

3. BigBad75K5

BigBad75K5 1/2 ton status

The truck it was on was wrecked so it smashed the crossover pipe. I was told the wastgate turbo system was better than the banks system. I think I will offer him less and see what he says, I think $450 would be an ok price without the crossover pipe. I'll see what he says. I'm looking for one for my father and I's 84 6.2 sub we just got running.
    Thanks for the info.

4. NewK5Guy

NewK5Guy 1/2 ton status

ATS may not make the kits anymore, but they still stock the parts. Give them a call(you can get contact info from atsturbo.com). I had an ATS setup a while back but it would not fit my 84 Jimmy due to a/c clearance problems. I called ATS anyway and they had every missing part I needed even though the kit was discontinued.