Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ATS turbodiesel engine on ebay

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by arveetek, Mar 19, 2004.

1. arveetek

arveetek 1/2 ton status

In case anyone wants to know what the ATS turbo system looks like for the 6.2L, here's one for sale on ebay. It's a complete engine that the seller claims is a factory 6.5L TD, but it's not.

I don't care for the way the ATS system uses the stock air cleaner. It looks really cheesy, like it's home made. Plus, it's pointed backwards from the Banks and GM turbos...the exhaust points towards the front of the engine.

Casey

2. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    In case anyone wants to know what the ATS turbo system looks like for the 6.2L, here's one for sale on ebay. It's a complete engine that the seller claims is a factory 6.5L TD, but it's not.

I don't care for the way the ATS system uses the stock air cleaner. It looks really cheesy, like it's home made. Plus, it's pointed backwards from the Banks and GM turbos...the exhaust points towards the front of the engine.

Casey

[/ QUOTE ]

Well that is the turbo I have on my suburban 6.2l
    I can't compare since I haven't had any other ont he GM diesels.
    I do however do not like how the glow plugs and the injectors are not accessible with the exhaust return routed the way it is.
    How is it power wise, is it worse or equal to the banks?