Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ATT... AGM73k5

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by captain chaos, Apr 21, 2002.

1. captain chaos

captain chaos 1/2 ton status

was just in chat talking with ron. he told me you have some type of drop for you're front suspension for 4"s of lift. i have 8" now and want 12", he said you're set up should work. do you have any pic's and some info. he also said you have 16" of lift. that sound's cool got me thinking. it's ilegal anyway why not torment the law even more. any info would be apreiated..THANK'S
    dave

2. AGM73k5

AGM73k5 1/2 ton status

I've got some drawings I think. I don't have any pics yet but I'll look into getting some. It wasn't too bad to do. Sawzall and a grinder helped. 55Willy may be able to help you out with info to. He welded the new spring hangers on and helped me take the old ones off. Send me a PM with your e-mail address and I'll send off whatever pics/drawings I can find /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

-Aaron

-Aaron

3. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

hey aaron could you maybe post em? i think a lot of people would be interested in the drawings.

Later

4. AGM73k5

AGM73k5 1/2 ton status

I'm not much of an artist but I'll try to put them up somewhere tonight /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

-Aaron

************ Posted at:
    http://briefcase.yahoo.com/ajgm1

5. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Any pic's of the actual hanger on the truck? I'm kinda curious as to how it all turned out./forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Rene

6. AGM73k5

AGM73k5 1/2 ton status

Not yet. I think I'll be able to get a few shots later this week. I had 1 but it turned out to dark to see anything. My job ends in two weeks so I'm not in a hurry to spend money on film and developing until I get something else lined up /forums/images/icons/smile.gif I'll see if I can get a few pics from a friends camera though..

-Aaron

7. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

heres the ones I took.
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/agm73k5>Aarons lift</a>

**Rene that thing was awesome looking..great fab work.

8. AGM73k5

AGM73k5 1/2 ton status

Look good to me. Thanks Jeremy /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Rene I'll still check on getting more pics for you.

-Aaron

9. tRustyK5

Awesome job guys...I'm glad it worked out!

Rene

10. captain chaos

ok thank's for replying
    now that is all you did?? you don't have to do anything with the back of the spring??? now i have to see if this is going to be a legal problem. we have some screwy law's here. it's one thing to be to high but welding in part's could just get me impounded or parked for good.
    if it look's like i can do this, does anyone want to fab me one up?? sound's like to me trustyk5 made them, are you up to the callenge again??? looking at you're profile look's like you are more then qualified. so do you have to do anything with the rear spring hanger's and did you get a true 4"s out of this??? also anything negative about this????
    thank's alot....

dave

11. AGM73k5

AGM73k5 1/2 ton status

A user, I think metalhead, made extended shackles for me for the front. They're 3.5 or 4 inches longer than stock. For the rear springs I just cut the bottom of the shackle hanger out and dropeed it through. I did get a true 4 inches out of it. I have not wheeled on it yet but I don't anticipate any problems.

-Aaron

12. tRustyK5

Well it's not much of a challenge to make them...the problem I have is that I don't have a shop to do them in (anymore)

Quite honestly any fab shop could throw one together in no time using Aaron's drawing.

Rene

13. captain chaos

i printed the drawings, so if i decide to do this i have them. looking at it again it look's easy enough to build. but i am still a little confused and didn't get any pic's of the BACK of the front spring. how long of a shackel do you have? any pic's.
    also forgot in my last post, THANK YOU 55 willy for the pic's.. ok now if i can get a drawing or pic of the back (front) shackel i will let this post die.
    thank you again
    dave

14. AGM73k5

AGM73k5 1/2 ton status

Sorry I don't have any pics of the extended shackles. If you look at the shackles on the front of your truck they're basically the same as those. The only difference is that mine have 3.5 inches more than yours do between the bolt holes. Mine also have a brace across the middle. If I can find a drawing I'll put it up.

-Aaron

15. captain chaos

ok got it, that's what i needed a specific number and confermation. 3.5"s got it wrote down.
    thank's again
    dave