Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ATT: Nevrenuf

Discussion in 'Southeast Region' started by boz42, Jul 27, 2006.

1. boz42

boz42 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

u ragged me about the same old pics last time i posted some, so here are the latest from this weekend, w/ a little update. finished the cage, i added a few kicker braces to the "B" post & added the diagonal bars behind the front seats. added the oh shat handle that runs under the roof line. added "V" in frt windshield. painted body w/ J.I. Case flambeau red industrail tractor paint. this stuff is cheap & tough. bought it at loacl Tractor Supply. cage is dark grey metallic. tried to match it to my powder coated wheels. painted fiberglass top same grey but didn't get pics of it yet. lemme know if u like it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

'preciate it sweetheart! :thumb:

I figured I'd harrass you for pics cause I knew I had seen a red pic somewhere. That thing looks damn good! :pimp: :bow:

I can't remember, what is that - stock height 52's & 56's w/ a flip out back? Any body lift?

3. boz42

thanks, finished it this weekend.
    any how it has a little body lift 1" ORD body lift w/ new poly body bushings. the springs are stock 1/2 ton 56"s in the rear & they are mounted backwards. then it has an ORD 4" shackle flip. the frt sits on superlift 4" springs & ORD extended shackles, but they will never see the trail again. i have another set of 56"ers that are close to going in there. also have a set of 15" travel shocks that i got from PORC on pirate. got to fab all that up soon. the frt also has a zero rate that has the axle moved forward 1.5". tires are 42's on stock h-1's w/ Kert's (DIY4X) rock rings i helped him design. i got the first set.

4. nvrenuf

Cool, thanks for the description that helps me a lot with mine.

Any chance you might make the Oct ride?

5. nvrenuf

Man I swear that thing looks taller than ~5" of lift. :thinking:

6. boz42

no on the october ride i am closing on my new house this week, so remodel of the new to me house will begin this week too. it will require most of my time until it is done.

k5 is totla of 6" if u count the body lift, also has no engine or interior in it. it will squat quite a bit in the rear if it had all the trail gear in it. also the frt will sit a 1" lower or so after the engine, tranny, & doubler goes in.

7. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

You shouldn't add all that weight, keep it light...........just stick a 4-banger in it, maybe a Vega motor, and I'll take all that heavy engine/drivetrain off your hands...........:rolleyes:

Damn good looking truck that should/will work as good as it looks!!! :waytogo: :waytogo: :waytogo: :waytogo:

8. boz42

yah sure i that is a good idea, & since u came up w/ it i should give u my engine/tranny/doubler set-up.

i don't think so.:p: :haha: thanks i hope it works well, got too much cash in it for it not too.