Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Att. Steve Fox - Forums

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, Mar 13, 2003.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Sometime in the future after the debt is down, what would you think of adding forums for hard core rock crawlers, hard core mudders, ...ect.and one for the everyday guy/gal who just wants to have fun with his/her truck. I see some people bringing up how things are swinging more tords the hard core. I know now isn't the time with the big bad bills hanging over your head. Just trying too think ahead.

2. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Maybe I should turn the Garage into a hardcore forum and make the year specific forums more general use?

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

i think that might work and us mods can move posts that are not hard core stuff to the year specific forums /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif basically all the garage is now is a combination first and second generation forum were things get double posted taking up twice the bandwidth /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif they will post in say the second gen forum AND the garage forum /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif so i would second that change it and make it a specific forum or add 2 forums one rock crawling hard core and one mud running forum anything off topic gets moved to the appropriate forum /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

You guys will have to be hardasses in the Garage (similar to what Rene had posted in the Knuckle) to keep the Garage the 'hard core' forum. Keep the bleeding question feeding frenzy to a minimum.

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Sounds like it'd work. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

this is true and as a mod i am willing to do it if thats what steve wants i am online all the time anyway so it would be no big deal to me /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

Umm so are we all going to have to write a test to see if we are hardcore rock/ mud/ parking lot/ hills to determine which forum to post in? Am I not going to be allowed to post in the hardcore forum unless I have a certificate that i trashed my pass door on the Rubicon or sumthin? Just curious where this 'hardcore' thing is coming from?

Mike

8. CK5

I think if we go that route it will be a forum (hardcore) more for body swaps, building a buggy and exotic suspensions, I would think non-leaf springs. Then the year specific forums would be geared toward the average guys like me. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Dont make it too hard core. It might leave out say, big mud trucks with 44"s or something. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

10. CK5

Do you run 44's now?

11. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Am I not going to be allowed to post in the hardcore forum unless I have a certificate that i trashed my pass door on the Rubicon or sumthin?

[/ QUOTE ]
    In that case Mike you have to go to the softcore forums.
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Well, maybe we ought to define "hardcore" first so no one such as myself gets their leather thongs in a wad for being left out.

I already know if this was to come to fruitation, it would be dominated by the flexing, crawl ratio crowd but the thing I learned from the good Rev. Jackson yesterday was that inclusion can be a good thing.

Could off the wall stuff such as spring-under setups and full float 1/2 tons be included?

I caught a discussion on one of the desert boards about how a lot of the rock crawling crowd disses the desert stuff, yet there's some crossover in the way of tech and products and I would love to be able to contribute to the whole "hardcore" community with what I spy and learn off in my little venture this summer.