Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Attaching Rear Window

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Madbomber88, Jul 31, 2005.

1. Madbomber88

Madbomber88 1/2 ton status

I'm attacking all the interior components of the power rear window mechanism this weekend on my 91 K5. All the channels and tracks are completely rusted away. My question is, does the window just sit in the bottom sash with the new rubber film, or do I goop it all up with weather stripping adhesive? I know gravity pretty much does all the work, but the window looks like it can pull out of that sash pretty easily.
    Any info is appreciated.

2. 89newtome

89newtome Registered Member

as long as the window fits pretty snug in the sash with the new rubber you should be ok. When I replaced my window I bent the sash out a little to get all broken glass out of it so my window was kind of loose i used the new rubber and some goop to hold it. If you do use goop make sure you clean all the exess off the window or it will get all over the rubber window seals in the tailgate when the window is up, then when you put the window down it smears all over the window. I learned the hard way, What a mess it was to clean. hope this helps