Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

atten: behemoth

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 89GAK5, Sep 24, 2000.

1. 89GAK5

89GAK5 Registered Member

thanks for the reply.went back to digging in the tail gate.it looks like the little rollers that ride in the track that lets the window up / down are worn out!the right one come out of track.don't really know what kind of job this will turn to be - if i take it on.theres not much room to work with.good look with your up / down.thanks
    RUGERS & K5 BOWTIES

2. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

No problem! You may want to check the bone yards for parts. I've seen wasted tailgates with window parts available.

ps - what kind of "Rugers"?

behemoth K5

3. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

Replacement of the rollers is relative easy. You can go to local Chevy dealer and get them to print you an exploded view of all the parts in the tail gate so you can see how it all goes together. Buying the rollers from the dealer might be simpler because not all the rollers are the same size. It took a couple of trys before I got the right rollers.