Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Attention "55Willys"

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by K5RON, Oct 6, 2001.

1. K5RON

K5RON 1/2 ton status

Attention \"55Willys\"

Hey Dude, Any pictures of your Blazer/Willys Overland creation? (Thinking) Man, that would be cool!

Any major hurdles? How about wheelbase? Are they close or does the frame need shortening or lengthening?

Is your Willys a wagon or pick-up?

Thanks

Ron

'84 K5......Tree Fitty, SM465/Np205, D44/14BFF, Pro-jection! .....and of coarse no other color than Odie!

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Re: Attention \"55Willys\"

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Stranger-things-have-happend> You mean these pics?</a>

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>

3. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Re: Attention

Yeah the pictures are there where rene already linked you. if not try my webshots file, thay have the same pics but I have a little more in my webshots. which is at<a target="_blank" href=http://www.community.webshots.com/users/55willy>http://www.community.webshots.com/users/55willy</a>
    The wheel base is a little different with the Willy's being only 104.5 instead of the K5 which is 106.5, but after doing a flip in the rear it's gonna be close enough.
    As far as hurdles my big hurdle was that this Wagon was no rust free rig, I replaced the whole floor with the one out of the parts Blazer that I used.
    The frame is perfect lenght in the front it allows room for a winch between the rails and in front of the grill. the rear of the frame is longer then I would like it to be but my bumper will take up most of the slack.
    It is by no means finished, I'm getting the rest of the running gear in place this week. And should be sitting the body on soon after that.
    as for building another one, I would do a pickup next time just mount the cab where you need it and build a flat bed on it. But I have a thing for suv's so I opted for the Wagon.

<font color=red>Life is like a mud hole:</font color=red><font color=blue>
    When the S#!T gets deep, you have to keep moving and friends can always pull you out</font color=blue>
    55 Willy's

4. K5RON

K5RON 1/2 ton status

Re: Attention

Hmmmmmm!.......never thought of grafting a Blazer floor to the ole' wagon. Looks factorylike! Even the filler is on the correct side...I'm likin' this. Don't know how to do the clicky thing but here's a link for ya, this guy reproduces the Willys truck beds but I'm sure he has body parts for the wagon.

www.walcks4wd.com

Ron

'84 K5......Tree Fitty, SM465/Np205, D44/14BFF, Pro-jection! .....and of coarse no other color than Odie!