Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Attention All Members

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MOABDADC22, Jan 3, 2005.

1. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

Seeing Jess give "the shaft" every month has sparked an idea in me. How about we have a "blind raffle" for MEMBERS who want to participate. It would go something like this.

I will use myself, Capman, Steve Fox and Z3PR as an example.

All four of us find something that we want to trade away. The item has to be of some signifigant value, like a set of four new shocks, free CK5 stuff, edelbrock manifold, Accell Super coil, etc. NO JUNK!!!

Every participating member then adds their name and trade item to a post. At the end of X? time period, a moderator, administrator or even Steve Fox will randomly draw 2 names at a time out of a hat, until all participating members have been drawn. Everyone who posted an item will be drawn at that time. The two members whose name was chosen together will then trade the item that they posted.

Something like this..........

MOABDADC22 posted that he will offer a set of four ES4000 shocks.

Capman2K posted that he will offer an Edelbrock SBC Performer manifold.

Steve Fox offers a year membership to CK5, The UAV, $500.00 cash, his dog, bible and a sweatshirt.(sorry Steve, you are THE MAN and very generous too!!!!)

Z3PR offers an Accel Super Coil.

For example, the following people signed up and their names are drawn out in the following pairs.

Steve Fox and Moabdadc22
    Capman2k and Z3PR

Steve then sends Moabdadc22 his trade items. Moabdadc22 sends his trade to Steve Fox and so on.

It could be as few as 2 people or as many as 100 people signed up and wanting to take a gamble and trade items.

We would need some ground rules like a minimum and maximum trade value of like......... $50.00- $200.00. The items should be of some value to most of the K5'ers on the board. I know, that is a vague comment, but we will have to see what happens. (nobody wants an original Ford Pinto wiper motor, no matter how valuable it is to you.)

Members ONLY. If you want to trade...........you gotta join CK5.

Each trader has to pay the shipping cost to send the item to the other member. You pay to ship your trade item in other words.

I think it could be fun, and if you get stuck with a set of MSD wires and you don't need/want them...............trade them off on the next round.

Let me know what you guys think. I have some pretty good stuff to offer and I am sure others do too.

Post up with some ideas and with Mr Fox's blessing, we can get it going.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2005
  2. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

well there are a # of problems I can see happening, people not liking what they get traded for but I guess this is there fault for participating in the first place, another is the lack of people with enough $$ or new stuff to do this.
    Just some thoughts :)

3. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

agreed, seems like a gamble, like everyones throwing some good parts (to them) in a hole, then you go fishing and see what you real in, and even if you dont like it you have to pay to ship yours out.:confused: also not all parts are universal, so if you win 1/2 ton parts and are 1 ton, your SOL unless you get picked next go around too

4. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I like the idea....... Of course, I'm kinda lacking in the owning a Chevy part of being a member of CK5...........................................................

Otherwise, good idea :):xmas:

5. MOABDADC22

As with anything, this idea is not perfect, it will have drawbacks. I could get some parts or things that I really don't need or want. In that case, either sell it on E-bay or trade it off again.

It is kind of like a "Secret Santa" except it's not X-mas:xmas:....................and it is not secret.

I think it would be kind of fun. Like gambling.......except no goofy sounds or free cocktails.

6. MOABDADC22

No other input?

7. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

i think it could work, but only think it will last a very short time.

no one is going to offer anything (valuble or not) that is very heavy, so as not pay out to ship the monstrosity. ( i have a nice 305)

and i dont think anyone will offeranything of more value then 15 20 bucks worth of stuff.

it is an interesting idea, but... wonder if the man has anything to say????