Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ATTENTION ALL SOUTH TEXAS BLAZER OWNERS

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TexasK5Blazerman, Mar 29, 2002.

1. TexasK5Blazerman

TexasK5Blazerman Registered Member

If anyone is interested in a Slab trip and is around the San Antonio/Austin area, let me know...OR if anyone knows of some good places which are legal/highly evadable/secluded, drop me a line also. Thanks.
    -Joe

2. txbluethunder

txbluethunder 1/2 ton status

i might be up for the slab...when you thinking of going?

3. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

I might be interested also. It would depend on when you wanted to go. Fairly long drive for me.
    Bryan

4. shoeless

shoeless Registered Member

I would like to go, I've heard alot about the Slab, but I started a new job a couple of weeks ago. I can't get out of working weekends.....

5. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

While someone already posted South Texas.....If anyone is closer to the Louisiana Line I am looking for some other blazers to wheel with as early as this coming weekend...April 5-7 most of the wheeling will take place March 6th. Its a place just south of Lake Charles/ Sulfur Louisiana and on the coast. Its called Holley beach and from what I hear its mostly sand and sand dunes. I am gearing up and fixing stuff all this week leading up to the trip. Its being hosted by "Two Big Bronco's 4x4" (Southern Chapter) I am looking like the only bowtie going so far just looking for company from his site. Beach houses will be avalible and so far its looking like about 9 trucks counting me...all the rest are Furds! (YIKES!!)

6. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

While someone already posted South Texas.....If anyone is closer to the Louisiana Line I am looking for some other blazers to wheel with as early as this coming weekend...April 5-7 most of the wheeling will take place March 6th. Its a place just south of Lake Charles/ Sulfur Louisiana and on the coast. Its called Holley beach and from what I hear its mostly sand and sand dunes. I am gearing up and fixing stuff all this week leading up to the trip. Its being hosted by "Two Big Bronco's 4x4" (Southern Chapter) I am looking like the only bowtie going so far just looking for company from his site. Beach houses will be avalible and so far its looking like about 9 trucks counting me...all the rest are Furds! (YIKES!!)

7. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I've only been there once and I missed the last trip out there but I'd loved to go again. I need to get some stuff done to the K5 though so let me know when you plan on going....also check Frankentaco's site(He is the Slab king /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif) <a target="_blank" href=http://128.83.80.200/taco/>128.83.80.200/taco/</a>

8. shoeless

shoeless Registered Member

yeah, I saw frankentaco's ride at Devil's Den in San Antonio awhile back, that's a pretty nice truck

9. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

When does the run going to happen, been there once and would love to go again.

10. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

I'm going to organize another Slab run for the last weekend in April... I'll post a post shortly.. wooo hooo..
    Blazerguy... you need to come back out with us again... here's pics from last time out.. http://www.rocko.rockcrawler.com/photo2.html
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/album/31527218vmSgAQWepv>http://community.webshots.com/album/31527218vmSgAQWepv</a>

11. Sparky

Sparky 1/2 ton status

San Antonio(summer) Texas A and M (school year)
    Joe,

You get your diamond plate done? I would go, but school is kicking my a$$ lately. I'll probably want to hit the slab a week or so after i get out of school though.

Go hit the den sometime. plenty of hill climbs and stuff there.

Sparky