Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Attention deficit?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by newyorkin, Nov 4, 2003.

1. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Where would one go when they feel they need to learn to focus and commit to projects more than when the mood suits? I seem to have built myself in to about 20 or so incomplete projects I'm never in the mood to finish until the deadline is an hour away, so I end up with all my time devoted to deadline crunching...

BTW, hey guys, how ya been?

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

I would reply, but I stopped paying attention to your post about halfway through the first sentence.

I like pie.

3. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

prick! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

Have you seen that southpark where they determine if you have ADD by readin you the great gatsby? And then it turns out ritalin is bad so they get the kids off by taking ritalout. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

I get into moods like that too. I'm in one right now. Here's how I deal with it....

Set Priorities: Put your projects in writing, on a list, in order of priority.

On A Mission: Take your number one project and devote a certain amount of daily time to it. Walk up to your project, look it straight in the face and say outloud, "I'm On A Mission". Then get to work whether you want to or not. It is no longer your choice. You must do it.

Stick With It: Do your time each day on the project untill it is finished. Do not attempt to start the next project untill this one is complete. If your project requires waiting time for parts or services, you can get to work on ORGANIZING your next project but do not devote any time to working on it untill the previous one is completed.

Number Two: Once project #1 is complete, you may start on project #2. Apporach it the same way by addressing your project outloud. "I'm On A Mission!".

Works for me... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

6. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

How's the house goin', ratch?

Wait, what was the question in the post? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Sometimes I approach a project like I would at work. I imagine it's not something of mine I'm working on and that I'm getting paid to do it. Works reasonably well...because at work I face the same challenges in motivation when it comes to projects I'm sick of, and I consistantly finish those because I have no choice.

Then I crack a beer on my 'break' and all that motivation evaporates. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Rene

9. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Then I crack a beer on my 'break' and all that motivation evaporates.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL! Beer is usually a motivator for me. I end up forgetting why I didn't want to do it... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Where would one go when they feel they need to learn to focus and commit to projects more than when the mood suits? I seem to have built myself in to about 20 or so incomplete projects I'm never in the mood to finish until the deadline is an hour away, so I end up with all my time devoted to deadline crunching...

[/ QUOTE ]

huh? were you talking? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

11. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

wanna ride bikes! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
    ok serioulsy though, i would just get yourself on a strict scedule or maybe your just getting overwhelmed. Tey to just forget of somethings maybe /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

12. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

See? I totally forgot I posted until I went and started skimming posts today and saw NewYorkin on one of em... I need a vacation... Those are good ideas, though, I need to buckle down and maybe try some today.

Hey Blaze, the house is going good. I don't remember if I replied to you or not (a.d.d.?), but I checked out the pics, your place is looking nice!
    Our weekend excitement was this:

http://www.rratch.com/house/rats.html

13. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Thanks, bud! We have GRASS now! No, not the kind you smoke.... I have to rake my leaves before they kill it, damn autumn. Rats, huh? I have a rather large infestation of Cave Bugs in my crawlspace. You know, the little grasshopper looking things? I've been tempted to throw a bug bomb under there and kill them all, but I'm afraid the furnace might make my house into a movie prop real quick like. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

14. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I've been tempted to throw a bug bomb under there and kill them all, but I'm afraid the furnace might make my house into a movie prop real quick like.

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif bahahahaha